Chapter 37

"Why doesn't anybody like me?" Jin cried as he spun around on his chair. The police station was very dead during this hour. A lot of summary cases like thieves and pickpockets. The real indictable cases only occur at around night. Where it seems like the whole world is sleeping.

"Another date gone wrong, again?" Officer Jimin asked.

"Do you have to emphasis the 'again?' " Jin rolled his eyes.

"Yes, it was very much needed," Jimin nodded his head as he took a sip of his coffee.

"I mean, look at this handsome face?! Who wouldn't go for it?!" Jin shouted as he held a mirror to his face.

"You sure do take self love to a whole other level," Jimin sighed as he examined the papers and files on his desk. It was a mess, everything was everywhere and he just couldn't understand what to do.

"So many cases....why the hell are the crime rates getting higher?! Just the other day a teenager was murdered," Jin said as he flipped the bottle that he was holding, it didn't land right.

"And there is another case, yesterday, 3:45 pm, age 17, suicide," Jimin added.

"Gender?" Jin asked.

"Male, reason for the action is still unknown," Jimin sighed. "But they both have one thing in common,"

"Which is?" Jin's eyes focused on Jimin, patiently waiting for the facts to be told. In the police force these two were mainly under the criminal division. They've known each other for a long time, even went to the same high school and everything. At the beginning they didn't get along, but as they got to know each other, they've come into realisation that they actually make a pretty solid team.

"Hmmm......that they both link to the intoxication of drugs. The content of drugs are still unknown, it is still in the process of investigation through the forensic department," Jimin explained.

"I wonder if this also has something to do with-"

"Officer Jin!" Chan came walking in through the door of the station, catching the guard of all the officers there. He sat the small phone down in front of Jin on his desk, leaving him staring with a confused expression.

"And speak of the devil, what's this Chan?" Jin asked. "By the way this is officer Jimin,"

"Nice to meet you Chan," Jimin shook Chan's hand and prepared a chair for Chan to sit on.

"It's a pleasure, officer Jimin. This is the phone that will give us the information we are looking for. Look into messages," Chan spoke, waiting for Jin to turn on the phone. He went to the messenger app and was shocked by what he saw.

"17th Pitt street levanter road, could this be..." Jin wondered as he looked at Chan.

"Yes, this is the next location, another step closer to knowing who anonymous is," Chan replied.

"Chan this is- this is amazing!!" Jin jumped up from his chair and ran towards Chan. He gripped onto both of Chan's shoulders and and looked at him with high hope. "What day is it today?!"

"Um, 15th?" Chan replied.

"So in two days....I want you to assist me in this investigation. Is that okay with you?" Jin asked.

"It's okay with me," Chan replied.

"Chan, fill me on the details too. Where did you get this phone from, and why do you have it?" Jimin asked, giving Chan a cup of tea before sitting himself down as well.

"I'll explain everything, but it's gonna be a long evening,"

______

"Min?" Chan called out as he opened the door. The lights were still on in the living room and the tv was still running. Just opposite the tv, Minho was sleeping while holding the tv remote tightly in his hand. Chan approached the sleeping boy. "Min, I'm here," Chan smiled, seeing that Minho was sound asleep. He pecked Minho's forehead, and Minho groaned as he fluttered his eyes awake.