CHAPTER 5

The third letter arrived for Daadi, the letter stated

"Past won't let me step further,

memories won't stop haunting me,

threats don't matter to me

& my loyalties will always lie with my family"

that's the motto of your grandson, but will he stand by your side till the end knowing his own family member is behind the destruction of all the lives on whose ashes his future is build.

"He claims to be a man whom love has redeemed.

The thought of her is no longer a dream.

A cage of flesh and blood that is hers to keep,

his heart & soul laid as gifts at her feet.

He will light the world on fire if it means her love he will earn,

for she is a flame and he will gladly be burned."

that was the day daadi started distancing herself from him. She used to ask about Anika whether or not he received any news related to her, but after that day she never asked him about her. It seemed she forgot Anika altogether. But Shivaay had no time to ponder over the content of the letter or Daadi's indifference.

Jaanvi was busy with alcohol, for her it was her medicine which could relieve her of all her problems for some time and when she is sober, she would call Omru to ask them to come back, to not leave her alone in this house.

Pinky, Tej, Shakti, they were always worried as to what might happen to them . In their own worries , no one noticed the stress Shivaay had . He neither has anyone to lean on nor anyone he could vent to. As days went on he saw his brothers with their wives living their lives carefree as if the case, the oberoi's name & its reputation had nothing to do with them.

All the burdens were of Shivaay to bear. But still Tej could so very easily accuse Shivaay of coveting Oberoi Empire and Oberoi Mansion for himself. He still blamed Shivaay for giving proofs to police even though Shivaay explained him many times of his innocence in this matter. But Tej refused to believe that Shivaay did not has any part in this case.

Shivaay was exhausted, he felt mountains on his shoulders. He wished that this case shall come to end as soon as possible with them winning so he could find his support system his Anika. He wished he could live a normal life with his wife like his brothers.

The letters his family received seems like messages he could not decipher. It wasn't anything particular like a clue but wasn't nonsense either. It felt like someone was conveying his feelings at the same time someone blaming him.

He failed to understand the reason of the sender behind sending these letters. First he thought it was Roop bua's new tactic to drive a wedge between his family. But nothing in the letter mentioned anything of that sort. He for the life of him could not understand the intentions of the sender. Initially he had thought that senders reason to send letters to his family were to separate them but how could a mere letter be the reason his brothers, his daadi left the family & him alone. He understood his brothers selfishness to leave everything behind and move on.

After 10 days,

Shivaay was tensed as he still has not got enough evidence against Roop or any proofs to defend his elders. Now, only God's magic could save his family. Every lead he got turns out to be dead end. His every effort had gone to waste. Today he was sitting all dejected, waiting to see destruction of his family in front of his eyes all alone. As the judge was about to announce his verdict, a man supposedly a lawyer came into the court interrupting the Judge.