CHAPTER 29

Next day before I left for work she was quietly staring at me, so I asked "what happened?" She nodded in no and just smiled. I was getting late for my meeting so I just hugged her tightly, kissing her forehead and left thinking to ask her in the evening. When I came that night from work she was sitting on the sofa along with a guest whose back was facing me. As I entered, she stood up, looked at me, gesturing me to come to her as I walked around the sofa to reach her, I saw my mom sitting there with a big smile on her face, tears glistening in her eyes, looking at me. I stood rooted at my place not understanding what's happening, my mom came, stood before me, holding my face in her hands, caressing my face with tenderness and then she hugged me then I felt "her" hands rubbing my tears away which I did not realised when they streamed down my face like waterfall. I just looked at "her" she stood there smiling, a smile which not only reflected her happiness for me but also relief as if a burden has been lifted off her chest. I understood her silence, what her questions previous night meant. She was ready to give me anything and everything I asked even if it was "them". May be she was still not completely secure but she still took her steps for me and my happiness. So I mouthed to her "I love you" and she mouthed to me back – "Love you to the moon and back"."

At present, Shivaay came out of his daze hearing Anika shouting at children, so he came to their rescue as a good father. He hugged Ansh who was hiding behind curtain, picking him up making the boy squeal in surprise, next he picked his darling daughter from behind the sofa whose face and hands was covered in chocolate looking at him with those enlarged eyes which was exact replica of his. Anika saw her munchkins in her husband's arm laughing happily and her husband walking towards her with a big smile on his handsome face. He came stood before her bending his waist and kissing her forehead with so much tenderness in his eyes.

Pinky saw her son, who hold his whole world in his arms, his own family. She thanks the god every day for the happiness the god has bestowed on her and her children. Finally her son is living the life she always dreamt for him. She feels a hand on her shoulder she turns back and sees Shakti standing behind her, smiling at her, hugging her side ways. It felt like a dream when Anika called her back then asking her "Mom! I am sorry". She was confused for a moment not understanding why Anika called her and first sentence she says is sorry. So Pinky asked "Why are you saying sorry? What happened Anika, is everything alright? Are you okay? Is Shivaay okay? Talk to me child". Anika told her "Mom sorry for keeping Shivaay away from you. Sorry for separating a mother from her son". Pinky understood its Anika's emotions, she knew about her pregnancy as she was in contact with Shivaay all the time. The day couple came to know about Anika pregnancy, Shivaay called her as a "Grandmother to be" he knew how she has been wishing to see her grandchild for a long time. She was on cloud that day then felt sad as she could not be by her DIL side, but she prayed to God to bless her children even if she was not with them.