CHAPTER 10

Shivaay:- Anika! How can you call them selfish. They have been through a lot. It wasn't easy for them to leave either but they..

Anika interrupted Shivaay :- Wow! Mr. SSO. Are you really blind or you refused to see the reality. Now that the case is closed, they would easily return to OM. Then why they left, wasn't Oberoi's their family. How come when Oberoi's were in such a dire state, they could easily leave it to you and now when everything is resolved they could easily come back to live luxurious and comfortable life. I mean I would really like to applaud for you, you who is either selfless or a big idiot.

Shivaay:- Anika! Mind your tongue. I won't listen anything against my brother.

Anika:- Really Shivaay! OK, then tell me whether they are teenagers, children or are you a real superman? Wasn't you hounded by media, didn't people questioned your morals, if you can handle the situation, stood for your family, believed your bade papa even though you saw the same footage as everyone else then why didn't you took the same decision as them. Why they left the family in such a huge problem. Wasn't Om claims to be "sach ka boyfriend" then when he knew the truth, why did he at first opportunity ran away. Your cry baby Rudra, who you pampered as your child why did he leave you for his wife when he was the most insecure of you having a wife, someone who could become more important to you than him. Why did he leave the O'bros so called unity and left with his wife. Leave your brothers, what about your elders. What happened that daadi seems to be quiet all of a sudden. All the lessons of unity, family bond, etc that she tells you all the time how come she didn't manage to stop Omru by shouting the same knowledge to them. How come all the responsibilities are yours to shoulder while others are free to live as they wish. Face it Shivaay, your family abandoned you. They use you whenever they need and discard you when they get what they want. That's the truth of your family.

Shivaay:- Stop it Anika! I do not want to hear it. By the way, even if you were monitoring me how come you know so much detail about everyone.

Anika:- Yes, Shivaay I did not only monitored you but I was also the one who send those letters to your family. Before you blame me for breaking your family let me clear one thing, all I did was write truth through poems and nothing else. Neither I told them to leave nor I blamed anyone in those letters. I wanted to show you the real face of your family.

Well, I shall leave now & as for the business let's talk another time. I am sure there is a lot to process today for you. Goodbye Mr. Oberoi.

Shivaay remains standing when Anika walks past him. He seems to be frozen, time seems to slow down for him. Every word of Anika, every revelation she did today keep resonating in his mind.

Even though he tried to justify his brother's action, his daadi reaction and elders expectations, he can not ignore whatever Anika said seems to make sense.

He already felt Om being selfish, Rudra being immature, elders being greedy and daadi being distant. But he still consoled himself in the name of family because he do not wanted to admit that he was a tool his family used for their own selfish desire. He refused to believe that no one cared for him in his family.

For facing such truth means his life, his motto to protect his family has always been meaningless. How would he survive, live knowing he has no one who loves him for him, as him.

He drove his car towards OM. As he entered the hall, he saw Omru along with their wives sitting in sofa. Jaanvi & daadi were talking with them. Everyone seems so happy. As he walks towards them, Rudra spots him.