CHAPTER 30

Next Pinky hear'd Anika asking her to come to them, to live with them, asking her "won't you be with your grandchildren?" Pinky's happiness knew no bounds that day not one but two grandchildren, she felt like only if she had wings she would just fly to her DIL side. So she packed her bags and took next flight to Goa to reach to Anika as soon as possible even forgetting to inform Shakti. Later not finding Pinky in house Shakti called her that's when she realised that in excitement of soon to be grandmother of twins she forgot her husband, so Shakti came a day later after resolving everything at OM.

When Anika saw Pinky standing at her doorway she hugged her tightly crying asking her forgiveness. Pinky said "Anika you do not have to say sorry for anything. It was my decision to stay behind. I asked Shivaay to leave OM. It was my selfish desire to see my son live his life with his happiness. I asked him to build his family then only I will come and see here I am in the house where I could feel my son living happily with his family. It's all fate my dear you have nothing to apologise for. Now no more tears, I do not want to see my daughter shedding tears any more especially when she has my grandchildren with her."

Now it has been 4 years since then, everything seems to be in its rightful place. They are happy in Goa with their children and grandchildren. While Oberoi's were in OM, Tej and Jhanvi had their own grandchildren to look after, they said even if they could not be good parents to their children they will still strive to be good Grandparents. Om was flourishing as artist whereas Gauri choose to be house wife. Rudra opened his gym's chain all over Mumbai and Bhavya was happy in her police career. They might have lost their previous glamour and fame but in turn they had gained happiness and peace instead. One thing that still refused to change was Daadi beliefs. She has been adamant neither to accept Anika nor her children. Nobody ever thought that old lady would be so orthodox. She refused to listen or to be reason with so everyone left it as, Shivaay himself did not wanted to subject his wife or children to such hatred, so he gave up. Shivaay said "As long as we are happy in our lives, nothing else matters. As relatives I would help when needed but that does not mean we have to live under same roof every day. We have our own families now, our own children to look after, bearing grudges of the past we won't be able to move forward."

Now everyone is happy and content in a way they chose to be. This story was not selfishness of Oberoi's neither of Shivaay's but that of Anika's. Her love for Shivaay, her desire to have him by her side, her wishful thinking that only she herself is enough for Shivaay, the story is of that girl who refused to give up no matter how much she suffered she latched on her love that every reason otherwise seems meaningless. Maybe some people call her obsessive some even stupid but she believe herself to be just a selfish person who did everything to keep her happiness by her side.

If someone asked her "Wasn't your love selfish? Wasn't your love cruel to him for he has to give up his past to be your present?"

She gladly smiles and says :-

"If I die before I wake, I'll wait for him at the golden gate.

If he's not there by the judgement day, I'll know he went the other way.

I'll give the angels back their wings, golden harps and everything.

Just to show my love is true, I would go to hell to be with him."

Signing off,

Your Author.