Chapter 30

Ashley POV (Carmen's mom)
"What all do you used to have at the Foxes pack house?" Raine asked me, as we are shopping for all the food needed for Christmas party tomorrow.
"Lots and lots of food. We got a card right?" I answered.
"Yeah. Alpha Spencer gave us the pack card." She said pulling out the shinny card and we walked down one isle together to get food. Once we are each pushing a cart around and its two in the after noon, we go to the check out. It ends up being three hundred dollars worth of food. We get back to the pack house and start cooking.
"Hey mommies" Snowy says walking in, all sweaty again.
"Hey baby girl." Raine says to her daughter giving her a kiss on the fore head.
"It smells good in here!" She says, rather loudly, lifting up a lid to one of the pots. Raine grabs a wooden spoon, smacking her hand and Snowy immediately pulls it away.
"Ow!" That hurt. She said, rubbing her hand. Raine tells her all the food is for tomorrow and Snowy looks inside the fridge, pulling out some kind of meat and put it in the microwave.
"So Snowy. Any big  plans for tomorrow?" I asked, already knowing this family always does something amazing.
"You just have to wait and see." Was all she said before taking her food into the dining room to eat.
"Im kind of scared for what that means." Raine tells me as she stirs a mix for something. I nod in agreement and the Danny, Devan, run in, being chased by Kyle with McKenzie on their tails.
"Mommy, mommy, Santa is coming tonight!" Devan and Danny say together.
"Yes he is. But not until you fall asleep. Have y'all both taken a bath?" Their mother says and they both nod eagerly. "Then goodnight my baby boys." She says kissing both their heads. They both start running up stairs and Kyle runs after them shouting out goodnight.
"McKenzie Breaux I already put you in your bed!" Reese came out screaming at the seven year old wolf pack member. McKenzie immediately looked down at the ground covering up her sparkling green eyes with her blonde hair.
"But, I needed to see mommy!" The little child screamed back in anger.
"Shhh McKenzie, everyone is trying to sleep." I told her, wiping the tears that started to stream down her face. "Lets go find your mom." I say as I pick her up and leave the annoying teenager with no respect.
"Goodnight Ashley." Raine says as I walk out the door and Reese grumbles something about annoying little kid. I head outside with McKenzie in my arms and find her mom sitting with her father and she jumps out of my arms and runs to them. I decide to leave them alone and go to bed.
(Christmas Morning)
*Screaming and running from the hallway*
"Hmmmmm. I dont wanna get up yet." Shawn says as he rolls over to his other side.
"But you need to get up." I tell him as I pull the blankets down off the bed. Shawn grumbles some more, eventually getting up and throwing a shirt on. We walk out of our room and down stairs to see the huge Christmas tree with presents going out through the entire den, that some of the pack members set up last night. All the little kids are running around looking at everything, waiting for all the adults to come downstairs. In ones and twos people come down the stairs or the elevator and start to pile up in the den. I hear my daughter laughing when I see her and Snowy falling down the stairs.
"You covered my eyes baby!" Snowy said. I guess she tripped.
Yup my daughter says popping the P. When they stand back up, Carmen jumps on Snowy's back and they walk into the den like that.
"Whoa. We never had this much stuff before," she says, sliding off of Snowy's back
"There's never been this many people before at one of our Christmases." I tell her, as they take a seat next to us on the couch. Everyone eventually shows up and takes a seat on one of the couches, floor, or helps pass presents out. I watch as Carmen opens her presents, getting a new iPhone, some money, perfume and clothes

"Here you go baby girl." Shawn says, handing her the small, neatly wrapped box. She stretches to take the small box, and settles back into Snowy's arms. As she unwraps the box, and realize that its keys to a car, her eyes get big and she jumps up running outside, with Snowy following her. A few minutes later Carmen is running back inside tackling Shawn and me in a bear hug.
"Y'all got me a Audi!!!" She screams.
"You got a freaking Audi?" Braxton, Carmen's best friend ask and all she does is wave the keys in his face,and smiles. After settling back down, I see that Snowy got some clothes, a new phone, a knife, boots, and a whole new drum set. From Carmen, she got a small locket shaped like a heart with some picture in them, and a pair of purple and black nikes.
"I'll be right back babe." Snowy says, looking really nervous. Carmen nods and kisses her once before allowing Snowy to leave. A few minutes later, she returns with a small box in her hands, and I can see a smaller box in her pocket. She settles down next to Carmen again and hands her the larger of the two boxes. It has little small holes in it.
"What has she got Carmen?" I whisper to Shawn. He just shrugs and we watch as Carmen opens up the little box with curiosity. Before I can see what it is Carmen is freaking out and hugging the tiny animal. Once she stops, I can see that Snowy got my daughter a small, light brown chinchilla.
"What you gonna name him baby?"
"Axel. His name is Axel."
"Adorable." Snowy pecks her cheek. "Just like you."
"Dork." Carmen says kissing her lips once. Once everything settles down, and everyone is kind of quite, Snowy takes Axel from Carmen and hands him to me, then takes Carmen's hand and leads her to the middle of the den, where everyone can see them.
"You are you doing?" Carmen ask.
"Everyone." Alpha Spencer says getting all of both packs to be completely quite and smiles towards the two future alphas in the middle of the large room. Snowy thanks him and turns back to Carmen.
"Carmen, I only met you this year, but I love you with everything in me. We will lead these packs together, and I ask you now," She said getting down on one knee, taking the small box out of her pajama pants, "To lead beside me, not only as my mate, but as my wife ." Carmen is in tears and nods her head yes, letting Snowy put the ring on her left finger. Snowy stands up, kissing my only child sweetly. Raine, and Alpha Spencer are smiling, already knowing all this was going to happen. Carmen is on her way to me, but is stopped by many pack members, looking at her ring. I just lay my head on Shawn's shoulder and wait for my daughter and my new daughter in law, to make there way to me. Snowy no longer looks nervous, but has a big smile across her face.  Eventually they get to me and I get to see my daughter's wedding ring.
"Its beautiful." I tell Snowy. She wraps her arms around Carmen's waist and sets her head on her shoulder.
"Thank you. Alpha Shawn helped me with the ring size and stuff."
"You knew already?!" I asked him.
"Yeah. Snowy said she wanted it to be a surprise for as many people as possible." He said, after I slapped his chest. I just settled my head back on his shoulder and smiled at Snowy and Carmen.
"Hey babe I got you something else." Carmen says, digging in her pockets, taking out the four wheeler key and handing it to Snowy. Her blue eyes went big and Carmen pointed out the back door, where she ran to where it was at.  Carmen laughed and followed her. I heard the four-wheeler start, knowing Carmen put gas in it once she got it.
"Wanna go back to bed until lunch?" Shawn asked me, as I yawned. I nodded my head and we went back to bed. Later that day, we woke up and ate the Christmas dinner, everyone congratulating Snowy and Carmen.