Chapter 20

CARMEN’S POV

-BEEP-

-BEEP-

-BEEP-

I heard an annoying sound then felt all my warmth shift away.  I felt the bed I was on move. I rolled over and opened my eyes to see Snowy standing up and stretching.  '

“You wanna run, or you gonna sleep.” She asked me. I looked at the clock. It says 4:45 am.

“I can beat you running in my sleep.” I say and Snowy scuffs. Does she not realize that foxes are faster?

“Then let’s go.” She says. We go downstairs and out the door. I see two huge wolfs standing on all fours by the forest lines. Snowy and I walk to the forest lines and she shifts. I hear her bones cracking and skin ripping, and then reforming. Her place is taken by a huge beautiful wolf with a solid white coat. I then hear a voice in my head that is not my own.

-Shift baby- I hear. It is Snowy.

“How did you do that?” I ask her and a response within my head comes again.

-You can do it too. Just think about me and what you wanna say. - I stand there, with my eyes close and picturing Snowy in my head.

No way is this going to work. I am just going insane. I think. Then the voice comes back.

-You are not going insane. You can do this now, you are going to become Luna and be able to do it with the whole pack soon. Now shift so we can go run. - comes Snowy’s soothing voice in my head. I close my eyes and picture my fox. Brownish red and larger than most of the pack. I feel my fox start to take over and shift. My bones crack and my skin rips. The entire time, a tingly sensation is over my body. When I open my eyes, I am on all fours and all my senses are heightened.

-Let’s go. - I hear yet another voice in my head. I think its Alpha Spencer. Before I could question it, they started running leaving me.

-I thought foxes were fast. – I heard Snowy’s voice in my head.

-Just giving you a head start. –I say. I sit down and feel the wind through my fur. After about two more minutes or so, I jump up, sprint, following their scent. I see them running and the big grey and tan wolf look back, sense he’s the smallest, I guess he is the Beta. I run right past them. I turn around and send them all a smile. They all stop and just stare at me. I run into a meadow and lay down, to wait for them to come find me. About 10 minutes later, three big wolfs are coming closer. I see them hiding in the tree line, trying to sneak up on me. Trying is the key word. I just lie on the ground and pretend I do not know they are there. Until I feel a huge animal on me. I look up and all I see is white fluffy stuff. Snowy has me pinned down under her and all her freaking weight. When I find a way to get out from under her, I run back into the tree line. I smell something weird and gross. I come up at the edge of the tree lines to see a small tribe of wolfs.

-Snowy, you have rouges. – I say to Snowy through my head. I feel her coming closer and stop near me. She looks to the small tribe of about 20 wolfs. Soon after her coming up, Alpha Spencer and the other wolf show up.

-Pack meeting in 10. That’s Oliver. - I hear Alpha Spencer’s voice in my head, and I guess her sent it to Snowy and the other wolf too because they both turned around and started to run back to the pack house. I turned around and started to run up to them. When I got up to them, which only took about 2 seconds, I matched their past. We ran halfway back to the pack house until I heard Alpha Spencer in my head.

-Carmen, goes up to the pack house and informs every one of the meeting. - I do as he says and run past them. It takes me about five minutes to get back to the pack house. When I hit the tree line, while I was running, I shifted into human and ran up the back of the pack house in my tribal clothes. The first people I see are some women, and men that I do not know.