Chapter 15

*SCREAMS*

I was jumping out of my bed before I even had my eyes open. “WHAT’S WRONG?!” I screamed to Carmen who is the only one on my mind.

“YOU DON’T HAVE A SHIRT ON!” I looked down and sighed.

“You screamed cause I don’t have a shirt on?” I said running my hand through my hair.

“YES!” She said to me “What did you do?”

“I slept.” I said to her. “I always sleep without a shirt.” I said.

“Oh…” She said. I face planted back into my bed and under the covers. She sighed and I heard her walk out. My wolf started whining so I went downstairs to find Carmen. She was in the kitchen looking in the fridge. I walked up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist. She jumped but then relaxed into me when she realized it was me.

“I’m hungry” Carmen says to me. I look in the fridge. I haven’t been here sense last summer so I don’t think there is any good food here.

“Wanna go out to a diner then go shopping for food?” I ask her. She nods her head. And we go upstairs to get dressed. Carmen grabs her clothes and goes to the bathroom to change. I guess she’s still not comfortable changing in front of me. I put on a t-shirt from our school’s band, some jeans and tennis shoes. Carmen walks in wearing jeans and a hoodie. It’s amazing how beautiful she I with so simple of attire. I grab my keys, phone and wallet while Carmen is fixing her hair in the mirror.

“Ready?” I ask her. She nods yes and we go downstairs and out the door. When we get in my Jeep Carmen ask me where we are going. “Ihop?” I ask her and the biggest smile comes across her face. I want to be the reason she smiles like that. We start on our way to ihop and when we get there she doesn’t wait for me to let her out, must less, wait for me to stop the engine. I hurry to stop the engine and get out finding her standing by the door. We go in and sit at a booth next to a window. The waiter comes to us. He has sandy brown hair and deep brown eyes. He looks familiar.

“Hey Snowy, haven’t seen you in a while.” I just look at him as he says this. I don’t remember who he is. “Dawson” he says and a switch goes off in my head. This is the boy I met at the fishing dock one night when I couldn’t sleep last summer. He was really sweet but I have a mate now. I didn’t realize it then but now I can smell his shifter animal. I smile and he smiles back.

“Hey!” I say to him. He hands us each a menu.

“What can I start you lovely ladies off with this morning?” he asks us.

“Chocolate milk.” Carmen says. She’s such a little child on the inside.

“Funny smoothie.” I say. It is a weird but amazing. It is something that some old lady created a couple of years ago. It is a tropical fruit juice and cinnamon. Carmen looks at me funny and I just smile. When Dawson walks away Carmen says something that I about died laughing at.

“Is that an alcoholic drink?” She says with the straightest face. A were wolf has to have a very special drink to get them drunk, but I don’t know about foxes.

“No. it’s this weird drink that an old lady made a couple years ago. It’s really good.” When I said that, Carmen nodded and Dawson came back with our drinks.

“Would you like to order now?” He ask and Carmen said chocolate chip pancakes.

“Bacon in pancakes.” I tell him. He looks at me funny but writes it down and heads off to the kitchen to have our food made. While our food was being made, we looked out the window and said what we thought people were talking about.