Chapter 19

CARMEN’S POV

Alpha Spencer asked me to take Devan so he and Snowy could talk. I did and as soon as I got into the house, the first person I saw I asked where was the pack doctor. Sadly, the first person I saw was Casey, the main bitch.

“You stupid faggot, don’t talk to me.” She said. I just ignored what she said, went to Skylar, and asked her where the pack doctor is. She started leading me down a hall.

“Ignore Casey, she’s a bitch.” Skylar says. This makes me laugh and nod my head. She stopped at a door and knocked on it. An older man comes out, with light blue doctor scrubs walks out of the room. He pushes his glasses up his nose and runs his hand through his greying hair.

“Yes Skylar.” He says. Skylar motions to me.

“Al- Carmen needs you.” She started to say Alpha. Shit, nobody knows that I am Snowy’s mate.

“I guess you are Carmen?” The doctor asked me. I nod my head and he raises an eyebrow. “I’m sorry but I don’t recognize you.” He said.

“I’m not from this pack, I’m a fox. I need your help.” I said then pulled Devan from behind me. “This little boy needs medical attention.” I say. He nods his head and moves aside so we can enter through the door. I walk in and it smell like the hospital. There are multiple beds with white sheets on them and shelves with medical equipment on them. The doctor pats one of the beds close to the door.

“Jump up little man.” He says to Devan and he sits on the bed. “Take off your shirt and lay back.” Devan did as he was told. The doctor looked at his stomach. “What happen to you?” The doctor asked.

“Some big man came and beat me up. He left me at the fair.” Devan told the doctor.

“When did this happen?” the doctor asked.

“Umm… I went to the fair grounds to help set it up and get a little money on the 8th.” He told the doctor. He raised his eyebrow again.

“Do you know what today is?” Devan looked at the ceiling in thought.

“The 10th?” he said.

“No my dear boy, it is the 13th. I guess you went into a slight coma.” The doctor told him then started rubbing a gel on his stomach. “This will help me look at your organs, make sure you have nothing wrong with them, I can see you have multiple bones broken.” Then doctor said and help a machine over Devan’s body. He looked at the screen. “You look fine, just need to fix the bones.” When the doctor said that, Devan looked really scared. “Don’t worry, I’ll give you some medicine that will make you not feel It.” the doctor said and went to the cabinet to grab the medicine. He handed Devan a few pills and a cup of water. “Take this and let it kick in while I get everything ready.” He said and Devan did as he was told. The doctor went to the closet, grabbed one of the roll table things, and put a bunch of stuff on it. A few minutes later, he was next to Devan with a knife next to his stomach. “He has three broken ribs on his right side.” The doctor said as he cut Devan’s skin to fix the bones. After doing something, he put stiches in Devan’s side and wrapped stuff around his stomach. He moved to Devan’s arm. “This is only cracked in one place. It can be fixed with a cast.” He said and started wrapping the stuff around his arm. When the doctor was done, he said we could leave. Devan jumped up from the bed and walked with me out of the room. He has a red cast around his arm and a smile on his face. We walked downstairs and I saw my dad sitting with Alpha Spencer in the den. He walked up to me and hugged me.

“Hello baby girl.” He said kissing my forehead. I hugged him and when we pulled away, he asked me who the little boy behind me was. Before I could answer, Alpha Spencer spoke up.