chapter 10

Over the next couple days, I stayed next to Carmen. The only time I left her side was to go to the bathroom and take a shower. My mother got out of the hospital and tried to come visit me and bring me more clothes, and tried to talk to me. I did not want to talk unless it was to Carmen when she woke up. Carmen got shot on Saturday, and now it is Tuesday. The doctor said that she should wake up within this week. Joshy has brought me all my work from school and Alpha brought me the book explaining symbols on a werewolf and told me to keep it. When I tried to put off my school work, Alpha commanded me to do it and would not leave until it was all done. The doctors say she is recovering great and will wake up any day now. Why is she not awake then I asked them multiple times. My dad has not contacted me since he has gotten out the hospital and Alpha sad he has left the land. Guess I will never see him again. I just sit there begging Carmen to wake up when no one is in the room with me. When the doctors come in, they don’t say anything. They just write down some stuff on a paper tell me she will wake up this week and leave.

Alpha Shawn comes in to see Carmen every day. Joshy comes to drop off my school work and Alpha Spencer tells me to do it. It is Tuesday and my wolf is whining constantly because Carmen will not wake up. Her right arm is always bandaged up and the doctors change it twice a day. The doctor comes in hourly to check the machines and hourly, I ask him when she will wake up. He tells me that she will wake up sometime this week.

Alpha Shawn walked in at 10am like he has yesterday and the day before.

“Anything?” he ask me like he has for the past two days.

“No Sir.” I tell him. I then remembered something that crossed my mind yesterday.

“Alpha Shawn.” I addressed him.

“Yes Snowy?” he looked up to me.

“What did Carmen get shot with?” I asked him.

“A gun, what kind of question is that Snowy. You saw her get shot.” He told me

“I know she got shot with a gun, but what kind of bullet did she get shot with?” I asked him

“A 22 pistol bullet.” He told me looking down at Carmen. If she was shot with a silver bullet she would be even paler and the doctors would not be able to tell me she would be waking up this week.

“So it was a regular bullet. Not a silver one?” I ask him. He nods his head. “But that makes no sense. Why would Chaz shot Carmen with a 22 bullet?”

“He was trying to weaken her, not kill her.” He told me. “We think his motive was to weaken her so he could fight her for the Alpha Position. You were the only one that saw him pull the trigger.” He told me.

“But why would he do that?” I’m really confused.

“He is a dominant Fox. He is also homophobe. At 17, a shifter cannot say no to a dominance fight. No matter the condition they are in.” he told me. “Carmen would be weak and Chaz could easily fight her and take her Alpha position, and as Alpha, command her to reject you as her mate and leave the pack.”

“But now he’s not thanks to you.” He adds. “I don’t think anyone will. We had all the Pack members there that day and they saw you kill him.”

“Why did they not fight me then? Or help Carmen?” I asked him.

“The pack knows that Carmen had a female mate. She told me that her mate was a wolf and when I saw you jump in after what happen, I told my pack to let you do what it was that you were doing and not to step in unless you were to come after us.” Alpha Shawn tells me. He looks at his watch.

“We have talked for 45 minutes. I must be getting back to my pack.” He tells me.

“Okay. Bye.” I tell him. He walked out the door right at the time he has done for the past two days. The doctor will walk in in 15 minutes and write down stuff from the machines. I will ask him when will she wake up and he will tell me sometime this week. I will beg Carmen to wake up for another hour and the doctor will come in yet again. This will go on until Carmen wakes up. I grab her hand and lay my head down on the bed and fall asleep until the doctor comes in.

Kinda a filler chapter. vote comment fan