Chapter 22 Part 1

Snowy’s POV

Everyone got settled into the new pack house two days ago and we are all getting together just fine. Every morning, Alpha Spencer, Alpha Shawn, Joshy, Carmen, and I all go run together. Everyone goes to school and I all the Werewolves and foxes all sit together at lunch. I do not think Carmen, I am the only wolf, and fox mates in the pack now. When we get home from school, we go to the huge gym connected to the pack house for about three hours. Then I get to spend the rest of the day with my mate. Until something has to pop up. Like my father. He has moved to the land closer to the new pack house and has advanced slowly. We run the boarders every thirty minutes now and everyone, even all the foxes, above 10 has to go to an extra hour of training. I am sitting in the den, playing COD with Joshy, with Carmen sitting on my lap, sleeping. It is two more weeks until the full moon, and with just my luck, the full moon falls on the 12. So basically, Carmen and I will both be horny alphas wanting dominance over each other. At least we have that smell prove stuff between all the walls in the house. I realize that with everything that has been going on, I have not talked to my mom lately and we have been slowly growing apart. I don’t like it. Before we were so close and with common sense, sense my dad left, we should be even closer.

“Hey I’ll see you later Joshy.” I say, putting my controller on the table and picking Carmen up in my arms to bring her upstairs and find my mom. I put Carmen in our bed, and go to the third floor. Alpha Spencer said she needed to be moved to the third floor with all the other unmated adults because she no longer has her mate. I think that made her really sad. I follow her scent down the hall and stop at the door where it is the strongest. I knock softly on the door and wait a second the hear the soft click of the nob turning and opening. In the door, I see an aging woman with long white hair exactly like mine, and soft green eyes. When she sees that it is me, I see a small smile come across her face, knowing that it is forced.

“Hey ma.” I say and she nods and moves to the side, so I can walk in.

“Hey sweetie.” She says while closing the door.

“How you doing ma?” I stand in the middle of the room looking awkward. It used to be her and my dad always together. If she was in the bedroom, so was he. They loved each other so much. I feel horrible knowing that they are no longer together because of me.

“Good, and you?” she says. I don’t know what it is but everyone says that around here. I started saying it without even realizing it when someone asked me how I was doing. It didn’t matter if I knew them, or was even going to listen to their response. Just said it, and went on with my day.

“Just wanted to talk.” I say. She walks over to her bed and sits down, patting on the spot next to her for me to sit down too. I walk over to her and sit down.

“How you been feeling baby girl.” She says, looking pointlessly at the wall.

“Honestly…” I wait for her to look at me. She takes a few seconds but finally looks at me and I look in her eyes. “Stressed.” I fall back on her bed and stare at her ceiling.

“What you stressed about?” she asked. I looked to her and she had her true caring look in her eye. I could always count on my mom to look at me like that when I wanted to talk to her.

“I’m the Alpha in a little under a year. I found my mate. I lost my father, and now might have to have a full out fight with him, in order to protect the pack.” I say taking a pause. “I have to protect the pack, with my life. I found my long-lost little brother.” I just wait a minute for her reply.

“Which one you wanna talk about first?” she asked. I cannot make her sit here and listen to all my problems. But she would be the one too.

“I love her.” I say and sigh.