Chapter 3

I was just about to walk up to my mate when Felix and Alex walked to me. Felix stands beside me and looks at me weird then to Alex with smirk across their faces.

“What? I need to do something.” I snapped at both of them. Where is all this anger coming from in me?

“Who is it Snowy?” Alex asks me.

“Don’t pretend you don’t know what we mean. Your wolf is showing in your eyes.” Felix says to me. I can’t take it. I’m female I can’t have a female mate. I run away from them with my wolf growling at me in anger for not accepting my own mate.

I’m out the doors of the school and go to the track. There’s a forest behind the school. I’ll go run. Once out of eye sight of everyone else I took off my clothes and shifted into my solid white wolf. I’m bigger. How is this happening? I run for about fifteen minutes of what is left of lunch.  I turn around at this little creek after getting some water. I run to the edge of the forest and shift back to my human form. I have my tribal clothes on but I can’t wear them around school. It’s just a little skirt and bra made out of animal skin and a little rope tied around my upper right arm. I change out of them and put my other clothes back on. I pull out my iPhone and check my reflection on the screen. I look okay. I walk back to the school then the bell rings. Great I’m going to be late. I go into the locker room and get dressed for PE. I also hate PE; I’m healthy so why do I have to be physical in school? We dressed out and did NOTHING the entire forty-five minutes. Ugh there is no point in PE. The bell rings again and now I have English. The only core class I like. We have to work in partners and Joshy comes over to me.

“Hey My best friend in the whole freaking world.” I say grinning to him

“What do you want? Never mind, it doesn’t matter. Did you find your mate yet?!”

“Um…yeah…” I say barley above a whisper but he heard it. Of course he heard it we’re freaking wolfs.

“Well….who is it? Have you talked to him yet? Is he also a shifter of some type?” he fired questions at me.

“Can I tell you later? We need to work on our project.” We have to find an inspiring speech to help any troubled group of people. But how will I tell my best friend, and Beta, that my mate is a girl.

“Okay, but you will tell me. Today Snowy.”

“Yes Sir Mr. Beta Sir.” I solute him and he chuckles. Will he treat me the same when he knows? This makes everything complicated. Maybe I can tell him by using a speech about gays for our project. I start to look up speeches just on that while he not so sneakily texts somebody. Probably his mate Crystal. The bell rings and I pack my stuff up in my bag. Once I walk into the hallway I see her. My mate that I don’t even know the name of but I’m already in love with her. She smiles at me. I think my heart stopped for a minutes. Is she also a shifter? Does she know she’s my mate? Joshy walks out of the classroom and looks at me then over where she is.

“He’s someone in that group ain’t he? He asked me. “Your wolf is showing in your eyes.”

When he said that I realized my senses did indeed heighten and my wolf was howling in my head to come out. No my wolf cannot come out now it will attack her and scare her away. I just need to wait. I go to the band room for drum line class and we do nothing today sense the band teacher isn’t here today. One more class then the day is over. I listen to the drum line try to rap. Wow, just wow. These idiots. Then a scent hits me. Her scent. She comes through the door and goes to the guitar racks and grabs one.  She plays guitar. That’s good to know. She leaves after showing me yet another breath taking smile. She is a shifter; she has shifted recently within the last hour. But she’s not a wolf; I can’t tell what she is though. The bell rings and I go to my baby. I freaking love my parents for getting me a Jeep.  I see Lizzy, Puppy, Felix and Alex waiting for me. We get in my Jeep and we leave school, we are going down the road and finally Puppy breaks the silence.

“Did you find your mate Snowy?”

“Yeah I did. But I didn’t get to talk to them.” I hope nobody noticed that I used ‘them’ instead of ‘him’.

“Okay.” He simply replied and let it drop. We all listened to the radio playing ‘All over the road’ by Easton Corbin. I wonder if my mate will make me go all over the road. Once we pulled up to the pack house everyone but Lizzy and me got out.

“We are talking. Now. Let’s go to my room your parents won’t come to talk to you.” I went up to her room thinking about what I will say because I know she will ask me about my mate. I hope her reaction is on the better end.

Vote,comment and fan.