Chapter 23

SNOWY'S POV

How could Dylan think that about someone in his own pack? The pack he spent his life in. I cannot harm someone in my own pack, so I had to just walk away. As soon as I hit the tree line, I shifted back to my wolf and blocked everyone out from my pack link. I ran in no direction, just ran. Dodging fallen trees and broken branches. I end up at the cliff we were at just a few days ago. I shift back into my human form and sit at the edge of the cliff. I look over the edge and see that it is above the city, all the light and soft chatter. I lay on my back, with my legs hanging off the edge and just sit there. I soon fine myself being awoken by Alpha Shawn. He is in his tribal clothes and slightly sweating.

"Snowy wake up, Carmen's hurt." He says and I am immediately standing up.

"What happen?"

"I don't know. She was found in the meadow surrounded by her blood. We need to get to the pack house." We shifted and started running back to the pack house. I am running at full speed and Alpha Shawn running slightly slower than he normally would so I could keep up with him. We make it back to the pack house and shift in the air while running and, in human form, into the pack house. Her scent is strong and I know it is because of the blood. I run into Doc's room and she is not there, but my mom is.

"She's in surgery." She says, standing up and coming over to me. "You can't see her right now." I just stand there in my mother's arms, hoping everything will be all right. What even happened to her? Then I remember that I left her with Dylan.

"Where's Dylan at?" I ask Alpha Shawn, who is behind me.

"Dylan? I do not know, but his scent was all over the meadow, and a little on Carmen. But something happened, because it was his blood too." I feel rage at Dylan now. He hurt my mate. I should have never left her. I should have never blocked the pack out. I am going to make a horrible Alpha.

"No you're not Snowy. You're going to make an amazing Alpha." Alpha Spencer said from the door way.

"How did you..." I say trialing off, remembering that he can read my mind. He just nods his head.

"Now stop blocking the pack out." He commands me, and I let my pack link back on, hearing the slight buzz of everyone in the pack.

"Alpha Shawn, could you figure out where Dylan is?" I ask him and he closes his eyes.

"He's blocking everyone out." I walk out of the sterile room into the hall way. I follow Dylan's scent and find his room. I walk in without knocking and look into the messy room. He is not in here, but it looks like he was, and took some stuff in a rush. The bed is off the frame and all the dresser drawers are open and half empty. I walk out the room and down stairs back to Doc's office.

"He was here. And he left, taking some stuff with him." I told Alpha Spencer and Alpha Shawn.

"Yeah, so was your father." Alpha Spencer says.

"Do you think there working together?" I ask.

"Dylan was here when the attack happened, he just didn't help." Alpha Shawn said.

"And he saw y'all run into the woods after Oliver, but didn't follow too." My mom said.

"Well I think we have a trader." Joshy says, walking into the room. I felt really sick at this moment. We were ready to trust him to be a protector. He stayed in the same house as all of us. I ran into the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. My mom walked in and held my hair for me. when I was done, Joshy handed me a bottle of water to get the taste out of my mouth. I walked back into Doc's office to see him standing there in his scrubs.

"You can see her now. She's still asleep but will be okay." Doc says. I see the man that Alpha Shawn called a healer when Carmen was in a coma and he woke her up. I guess he works with Doc now. I walk to the back and through a door into the surgery room. I see Carmen on a bed with stitches in her head and wires in her arms. She's really pale and her eyes are closed. I sit in the chair next to her and hold her hand. I sit there until she wakes up, about thirty minutes later.

"Carmen. What the hell happened?" I ask her, seeing scratches and bruises all over her.

"Dylan said something that ticked me off." She told me. What did he say. I was about to ask her, but a guy with shaggy brown hair and pale green eyes walked in.

"Alpha, we found Dylan's scent but it ends in the middle of no where." He said.

"Thanks Jay." Carmen says and the guy, Jay walks out.

"Who's that?"

"Jay, my beta." I nod my head. "We need to help them." Carmen says, leaning up. I try to push her back to the bed without hurting her.

"No, you're hurt." She just glares at me.

"Well then, I need to get out of the boring hospital bed before I go insane. I don't like being in one room too long." She says. I smirk at her, thoughts going through my mind. "What are you thinking now?"She says, still glaring at me, but curiosity in her eyes.

"I'll make you never want to leave our room." I wink and she rolls her eyes.

"Whatever. Can I leave this room?"

"Sure." I say, picking her up in my arms and running upstairs to our room. Carmen just screams at me. Once we reach the room, I set Carmen on the bed and sit in the desk chair.

"What you doing?" She asked me.

"Well, you said you wanted to wait, but you still can't get up and do stuff. So what you wanna do?" I tell her and she nods her head.

"Watch a funny movie."

"Okay. What you wanna watch?"

"Mr. Peabody and Sherman." Carmen says and I turn my tv on and look for it on the on demand Chanel. I find it and start the movie, going to find us popcorn, drinks and candy and going back upstairs. I see Carmen cuddled up in our bed waiting for me so she could start the movie. I got in bed with her, all the junk food laid out in front of us and she started the movie.

I found the movie kinda funny but the amazing person next to me taking all my attention away from the screen. I ended up pulling Carmen into my lap, bringing my lips to her neck. She soon turned around in my lap, facing me straddling my hips. My lips connected to hers. We pulled away, both out of breathe. I looked into her eyes and see her fox taking over.

"Snowy..." Carmen trailed off, I was keeping my wolf under control so I guess she knew I would be able to stop, even if I really didn't want to.

"I know." I say, slipping my hands from her waist to her face, bringing her down to me and kissing her lips gently.

"No I have a question." Carmen said.

"Okay."

"Will you go on a date with me Friday?" She said, biting her lip waiting for an answer.

"I would love to." I say, bringing her lips to mine once more.