Chapter 33

CARMEN'S POV
I turn to Snowy seeing her smile brightly as we hold the pregnancy test in our hands.
"Baby, we're gonna have a baby." She said, before passionately kissing me. I look down to see two lines on my pregnancy test.
"I'm carrying our baby, Snowy." My mate gently rubbed my tummy looking at me with a twinkle in her eye.
"We have to tell our families." I nodded as Snowy took my hand in hers as we went to find the people we wanted to know first. We knocked on the Alpha's office doors first and told them that we would like to talk to them in 15 minutes and agreed on meeting in Alpha Spencer's office since it was slightly bigger due to having the bigger pack. We then found Mrs. Raine in the kitchen and my mom outside. They followed us upstairs and into the office.
"So what do you wanna talk about today girls?" My dad asked. Snowy pulled the positive pregnancy test out of her pocket and handed it to him.
"Which on of y'all?" He immediately asked. Snowy smiled brightly and looked at me, while a smiled to my dad.
Both of our moms awed and Alpha Spencer smiled to us too.
"I'm going to be a grandmother. Awe Carmen I told you to wait until you were at least twenty" My mom said giving me a stern look and I shyly glanced down to my feet.
"Ashley hush. You know that wasn't gonna happen." I heard my dad's voice come. Through my eye lashes, I peaked up at his gleaming face and Snowy kissed my cheek.
"Do you still wish to accept the Alpha title this month?" I immediately nodded my head.
"I must. If I don't then someone in the pack will try to challenge me." My dad nodded his head. Soon, Mrs. Raine had her arms around us.
"Oh we have to have a baby shower and a gender reveal party oh where's the nursery gonna be?"
"Mom. Stop. We don't know yet. We have more pressing matters at the moment. Carmen has to become Alpha in just two weeks." I gasp and every one looked at me. I didn't realize I was becoming alpha so soon.
"We need to go. I have more Alpha training." I admitted and my dad followed me out and we went to his office.
SNOWY'S POV
Once Carmen left with Alpha Shawn I was left with Alpha Spencer, Luna Ashley and my mom. The two women left out the room talking about the baby.
"Snowy." Alpha Spencer got my attention. "It's a really bad time. But you need to read this." He said while passing me a piece of paper with familiar writing on it. The more I looked at it the more I realized it was my fathers writing. I read the messily written letter.
To the enemy,
You have made a mistake casting me out and keeping the homosexual in your pack. None the less, to lead one of the greatest and most powerful packs in the world. You know many things but I have also learned more and more tricks. I have been across your land many a times. Talked with your members. Not everyone is faithful as you think Spencer Elliot. I thought you would like to know that the pack of so called Rouge that attacked The Blue Creek pack, and killed your beloved wife, has survived and thrived. And we are back for revenge. You killed their Alpha. We have one of your own on our side, Dylan Royer. We will see you soon Spencer.
~Oliver Edward James
I could feel my blood boil more and more the further I read into the letter. Dylan. That's the one that hurt Carmen then went AWOL. "What are we going to do Sir?"
"We need more people running the boarders. An extra hour added each weekday to training, three more hours on weekends." I stiffly nodded my head.
"Yes sir."
"Go round everyone up now." He said and waved me out. I sent out a message through pack link to be in the training grounds in five minutes. I heard through the house many of our members opening and shutting doors, running down the stairs and out the back door. I went and changed into my sports bra and black Russell shorts, then headed outside to the training grounds. I was met by the pack standing whispering to one another, while some watched me make my way to the stump so I can be seen.
"Is everyone here?"
"Yes ma'am" they all answered in unison.
"I cannot give details as to why, but we must train more every day. One more hour on week days and three hours on weekends. Starting right now. Run until you reach Shreveport. All fighter wolves and anyone of high position. Stay behind." Most of the pack ran but about twenty of our strongest men stayed behind, including Beta Issac, Joshy, Kyle, Beau and Buck.
"We must run the boarders even more. At least seven at any given time. Separated every 10 miles. We will get more people from each pack house at we run and inform them of the new training and boarder control. Now run." They started running out of sight and I followed them at an easy speed. After about an hour of running? I break off of the trail to go speak with the Third in command of one of our five-teen pack houses telling them what I had told everyone else. He had gone inside, to get the three others that were competing to take his place when I became alpha and we all ran together stopping at each pack house of our territory and collecting more and more wolves running together. I realized the further we got away from the main pack house, the smaller the houses were getting, five just holding only a family with the father in command and the first born would take their place when they became of age. We ran together until we saw the sign 'Welcome to Shreveport' We all hit it and turned around. Each running all the way to the main house then back to their respected houses. I walked into the house seeing many of the members sitting and eating their dinner. I grabbed a water bottle and went to find Kyle, Beau and Buck.
"I would like for y'all to run with me to the more southern pack houses to inform the third in commands." I told them and Kyle along with Buck stand up while Beau scoffs at me.
"What do you think you're doing?" I raised an eyebrow.
"There's no point. The only pack houses down south are the ones the only hold a family or two. Why should I go?" I chew on the inside of my cheek and straighten my back.
"You're gonna go if you want even a slim chance of being third in command. I already made a deal with you that I would give you a chance to be mine since you Puppy's protector. But your odds are getting less and less." He grumbles some more and stands up following us outside. We start running towards the south following the Mississippi River to the last three houses. The eldest fathers and first borns came run with us until we got to the main house. Once we got their, Mary, the only girl first born looked amazed at the pack house then turned to her dad.
"When I'm third in command I would like to move into an actual pack house. Not way out in the swamp." I see her father nod slightly then say that she'll have to talk to me when she becomes third in command.
"Snowy, may I talk to you?" She asked.
"Of course I said. Why don't we go into the house?" I said. Mary and her father walked inside while the others ran to their own houses. I offered them both a water bottle which they happily took and we walked into the small meeting room.
"What would you like to talk about."
"Well I was wondering. Do y'all have any extra space in this pack house?"
"Absolutely. We built to grow. Now I heard you talking to your father. Y'all are more then welcome to move on when y'all are ready. But make sure you talk it through." I told her and Mary gleamed and happily nodded.
"Thank you future Alpha."
"Your welcome. Now it's well past dark and we are having boarder control issues and it is unsafe to run this late at night. So you can stay or I can drive you back home?"
"We would like to stay for the night. But may I borrow a phone to call my wife and inform her of this so she won't worry?" The man asked. I motioned him to the phone sitting on the counter and he nodded in thanks and called his wife.
"SNOWY!" I heard my mate's voice come from somewhere behind me. I immediately stood up and turned around to see Carmen with a big smile on her face. I kissed her softly and turned back to Mary with my arm around Carmen.
"Mary. This is my mate and Alpha of the Red Moon Pack, also your Luna, Carmen."
"Hello Carmen. You're not... Wolf. Are you?"
"No I'm fox." Carmen told Mary and she nodded her head saying ok.
"Snowy. If I may, can you point me in the direction of a shower?" Mary's father, who I still haven't remembered his name, asked me.
"Yes sir. Come on I'll get you some of Beta Isaac's clothes to change into." We went to the elevator and got him some clothes, a towel and he went into one of the guy's bathrooms. I headed back downstairs to find Mary.
"Would you like a shower too?"
"Yes please." I brought her to Carmen and my room so I can give her some clothes and showed her to one of the girls bathrooms.
"Just come find me once you get out I'll have a room for you." I told her and she thanked me heading to take a shower. I went back to my bedroom and grabbed Axel out of his cage and went to find Carmen. She was in the living room sitting on the couch I sat down next to her and Axel in my lap. He crawled up to my shoulder settling there. Mary's dad came downstairs and sat in one of the chairs next to Alpha Spencer.
"Bradley. Would you like something to eat?" He says please and Alpha brings him to the kitchen, to get some gumbo. They sit at the table and talk until Mary comes down stairs.
"You tired?" I ask her. She nods and I bring her up to the third floor and show her one of the unused rooms with a twin sized bed and tv on the wall.
"Thanks." She says and I leave the room going back to Carmen on the couch.
"Can we go get some ice cream?"
"The cravings are already starting?" I asked and she nodded smiling. I grabbed my keys and helped her up so we could go get some ice cream at midnight.

Hey y'all. It's 2k16 omg. But yeah. Most people wanted Carmen to carry the baby so that's what happened. :D vote comment and follow love y'all