Nine

I did what Alis said and prepared myself for dinner. Thankfully I was alone this time. As easy as it was to have people to help, getting myself ready is something I was used to.

I bathed and did my hair in a traditional ponytail. I looked into the mirror and realized the true length on my white hair. Even with Sereh trimming it, it was longer than ever and was a menace to do.

Once I had finished readying myself I put myself into the navy robe I had been in yesterday and waited for Alis or Sereh to return with new clothes. I stared at the floral walls again as I waited. They were still as atrocious as the first time I saw them. I'd definitely be asking Tamlin about them. I could claim they haunted me in my sleep, that the flowers were out to get me. I'm sure he'd believed it. He seemed like the type to try and be the hero. Maybe I could also claim the flowers scared Feyre, too. He'd definitely change them after that.

I'd also change the light green comforter with embroidered flowers on my bed. Honestly, if I could I'd probably change everything about this room. It all just seemed fake, the pastels, the feigned happiness everywhere, it like living in a grandmothers house.

I distantly heard footsteps in the hall signaling that someone was nearing. I knew it was most likely Sereh or Alis but it never hurt to be on guard. I heard the twist of the door handle as someone stepped into the room quickly, not bothering to knock.

"Come on then, let's get you changed," Alis spoke already walking towards the large mirror in the corner of my room. I groaned as I got up, wanting to just stay in my room for dinner and begin planning how to explore without being noticed by the glamoured fae around the house.

Alis pulled out the shirt and pants she had brought and I changed quickly, planning on getting this dinner over with as soon as possible. I hated just sitting around and doing nothing.

Alis walked with me through the halls to the dining room even though I had already memorized the way there. She insisted that she come with and I agreed after a minute. Alis gave me a curt nod when we arrived before turning around and walking the other way. I pushed in the dining room doors seeing Feyre, Lucien, and Tamlin already sitting down at the table.

I held my chin high like I was taught and said nothing as I found the seat I had used yesterday and sat down. I quickly began piling food onto my plate and eating.

I could hear everyone do the same. I looked up for a moment and caught the brief glint of silver reflecting in the light. I turned my head back looking at a sword at Lucien's side, propped against the table. It was a nicer sword. Not as nice as the sword I kept at Le Donjon back in the mortal lands. But nice none the less.

What kind of an idiot is he? We may be mortal but I had trained with blades for as long as I can remember. He would be a fool to underestimate me. The academy always scolded us to never underestimate our opponents. He should do the same. Fae or not.

          My skin was itching to touch the familiar steel. To feel the protection it granted me. I really missed the presence of my daggers waiting at my sides. They had become a source of comfort over the years, odd as it sounds.

Lucien paused and I looked to see a smirk on his face, "Were you admiring my sword or just contemplating killing me?"

I leaned back in my chair, "Can't it be both?"

Lucien scowled at me, I scowled right back. If he wanted to play that game, fine. We'll play this game. He's like a child. Though I'm sure he's older by centuries.

"Feyre likes to hunt." Tamlin blurted. Well, that was random.

"I don't like to hunt," Feyre clarified, "Danika and I hunted out of necessity. And how did you know that?"