Twelve

Play the song when it says to pls!!

And that was when I felt it.

           The tingling sensation along my mental walls. Begging me to let it in. Begging for me to look. The cold sensation all around the atmosphere. You couldn't see it, but you could always feel it.

             I would never forget the feeling of the Bogge's influence. When I fought it in my trials, I had to look. And it was the most terrifying creature I'd ever encountered as it used its long claws to make slashes across my back and used its teeth to rip open my calves. I killed it. But by the end, my body was barely recognizable.

           I knew that if we were to stay here for longer than ten minutes the Bogge's influence would eventually make me let it in and look.

          I distantly heard its wretched voice from outside my mental barriers.

          Let me in, Danika, It begged, we can have fun as you did with my brother.

           I didn't look. I didn't react. I didn't do anything.

          Look at me, Little warrior. It whispered, Look at me! It screamed that time.

             I wouldn't. Not when I was defenseless and going into a fight that would be impossible to win without weapons.

            The cold disappeared into the brush, along with the unwelcome presence in my mind. The Bogge seemed to terrorize even the plants as they recoiled from the direction it went.

            Only after the Bogge was a safe distance away, did I exhale in relief. Soon followed by Lucien who waited an extra few seconds after me.

            "What was that?" Feyre asked as she brushed tears from her face.

           I let out another shaky breath, "A Bogge," I replied and Feyre gave me a look of shock as she probably remembered me telling her about my first trial. I nodded in confirmation to her thoughts.

            "Why can't I look at it?"

              "Because once you look at it, or acknowledge it, is when it can kill you. The Bogge's body is incorporeal until you look, then it becomes real." I explained again. I didn't care if Lucien was disturbed by the fact I knew, but Feyre needed to understand to stay safe.

          "I heard its voice in my head. It told me to look."

           It was Lucien who answered this time, "Well, thank the Cauldron you didn't. Cleaning up that mess would have ruined the rest of my day."

             "Could you be any more egotistical?" I ground out.

           "Probably not." Lucien answered. At least he's honest.

            "So you are old," Feyre began speaking to Lucien again, "And you carry around a sword, and go on border patrol. Did you fight in the war?" I snickered at the question. He was way to immature to be that old.

           Lucien winced, "Shit, Feyre- I'm not that old."

          "Are you a warrior, though?"

          Lucien laughed, "Not as good as Tam, but I know how to handle my weapons." He patted his sword, "Would you like me to teach you how to wield a blade, or do you already know how, oh mighty mortals? If you took down Andras, you probably don't need to learn anything. Only where to aim, right?"