Forty-seven

I stared into the Attors cold eyes, refusing to look away as I kept a firm grip on its wrist. It smiled. And I realized a moment too late what it was reaching for as it grabbed my sister's neck and ripped from my hold.

    "Come willingly and I won't kill her."

    "Let her go and I won't rip you to shreds."

    The Attor narrowed its eyes as it increased its grip on my sister, she struggled for a breath gasping and sputtering. My heart dropped, "alright!" I agreed, "okay, we'll come now let her go."

    The Attor spared me another one of its serpentine smiles as it stuck its head into the crook of my sister's neck and smelled her, "No. I don't think so." Anger flowed through my veins and I nearly lost myself to my temper. The Attor looked at me, "Walk." It commanded looking to the right.

    I blew out a frustrated breath. This was not how it was meant to go. The Attor came over to my side and grabbed my upper arm. And I cringed at its touch. Its bony fingers dug into my skin, I couldn't imagine how disgusted my sister felt.

    The Attor kept its icy grip on me as we walked through the maze, and dragged us to the throne room. The Attor had yet to take my weapons, believing them to be ordinary steel—what a mistake that was.

    The Attors leathery wings ruffled occasionally. The Attor just tugged us awards, none of us uttering a sound. I noticed its clawed feet made scratches on the floor as we walked, and its face had been etched in amusement since it found us. I wished i could peel the expression from its grimy face.

    We entered the throne room, the double doors creating a loud noise, alerting the crowd to our presence. I held my chin high, refusing to look weak in the face of my enemies.

    Whispers blew past us as we walked—leering, confused, the crowd was an array of thoughts and questions about our being here. I suppose it wasn't normal that two humans were brought before the queen.

    The chamber was upheld with the same pale rock carved from the hallways, pillars reached up towards the ceiling, supporting the weight of the giant mountain. I looked at the various carvings that littered the walls—quickly recognizing the terrible pictures of faeries and High Fae, different environments with movement. It would have been beautiful had the living things not been carved in pain.

I looked at the crowd, recognizing some of the factions by their characteristics—Autumn Court was easy, they looked like Lucien. They were looking the two of us up and down like pieces of meat, I sneered at the males and they grinned at me in return. Disgusting.

    Some of the crowd were dancing to off-kilter music, some were chatting. It was a party. The place was a whirl of glitter and sharp teeth, it was overwhelming, but I kept my head straight and trained my eyes on the throne we were coming towards. The Attor hurled us forward in front of it. I managed to keep my footing, refusing to be on my knees in from of this wretched being.

    Feyre slammed to the floor and I instantly helped my sister to her feet. I looked in front of me looking at the throne carved from black stone.

    And they're sitting right on it was a woman with fiery red hair. Amarantha.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

    The woman's features were beautiful in themself but combined with the chaos that seemed to lurk under her skin and reflected in her eyes, she was a bit...hideous in my opinion.

    Her hair was woven through her gold crown, and her skin was snow white, only magnifying the red in her hair, in turn setting off her ruby lips.

    I looked to the throne beside her, raising a brow as I spotted the golden-haired High Lord beside her. His look was stone revealing nothing, the only indicator he felt anything at all was his hands clenched on the throne so hard his knuckles had turned white.