Thirty-Three

That's Dani's Dress, I don't care if you don't like it. imagine a different one if you want, this is just what I imagined.

Tamlin was called to one of the borders the next day, thank the Mother. I would have been slain by the High Lord if not. My pranks did in fact work and Tamlin may or may not have gotten bitten by a sea snake to the point where his entire arm swelled up until it was near twice the size of normal. It was extremely amusing, though I hope Timmy cools down by the time he's back.

    Tamlin had stayed the night away—the first he'd actually slept away instead of returning in the dead of night— and I wondered what God had taken a liking to me. Lucy had informed us that Tamlin was alive—emphasizing the last word enough I knew Tamlin had told him to do it for the sake of my sister.

Over the course of a few short weeks, Tamlin and Feyre's tension was beginning to become unbearable, I wished they'd just kiss and get it over with. I'd rather my sister fall for a High Lord of Prythian.

I'd rather pierce my own eyes with steak knives.

I'd rather jump into a lake filled with flesh-eating fish.

I'd rather eat a bucket of soggy bread.

I'd rather take a bath in worms than suffer through one more millisecond of their tension.

It made me sick just thinking about it.

Despite my troubles, I awoke the morning after Tamlin's departure to the merry sound of fiddling. It took me a moment to process the sound and stop yelling for the fiddle to stop making my ears bleed before I got out of bed to see the cause of the ruckus—albeit begrudgingly, I walked out onto my small balcony and looked down to see the beginnings of a celebration. The garden was bedecked in streamers and ribbons. And on the hills surrounding the manor, I noticed bonfires and maypoles being raised.

Was there a celebration I didn't know about? I'd never attended any in the mortal lands, though other places were a different story. Due to the lack of belief in Gods and Goddesses in the mortal lands, there wasn't much to celebrate besides the occasional birthday, and even that was frowned upon in our village.

I found it so very interesting the first time I traveled, seeing that other worlds didn't have the restrictions we did in the mortal lands, in fact, I went out partying a lot with a group of friends I'd made in Midgard. Though, we were a tad... wild to say the least. There weren't many people to limit me there, so I indulged myself. But after a few hangovers and headaches, I decided I should probably limit myself. Midgard was by far the most party-party world, the others I'd seen wasn't as indulgent but they were just as fun.

Besides the work of course.

I walked from my balcony and into my closet trying to decide what I should wear today, though I couldn't seem to decide on anything.

Sereh came in soon after and helped before she rallied me to the vanity—I think it was her favorite place. I saw the preparations as I looked out the window again and I asked her about the mystery decorations, she simply replied, "It's the summer solstice." She smiled as she brushed my hair, "The main celebration used to be at Summer Court, but more than a few things have changed since then." her smile turned to one of nostalgia, "We have a celebration here as well, you and your sister will be in attendance."

A party? That I was allowed to go to? Have I accidentally entered an alternate universe? Was Timmy actually letting me leave the house?

I couldn't believe it was summer already. I wondered how the rest of my family was doing. Timmy had assured us that he took care of them in the Mortal Lands. If his promises were true I had no doubt Nesta and Elain would be back in the richer lifestyle—well, I had no doubt Elain would.