Forty-Eight

I ducked, dodging a fist the Attor had thrown my way. I didn't fight back. Not yet. I backed up until Feyre was behind me and I had most of the room in my line of vision. The Attor stared at me as I'd grown two heads—why would a human be able to sense my attack? For humans are just measly little worms under my boot. I was nearly positive that's what it was thinking.

The way the Attor looked at me I could tell it wouldn't stop. I got into a fighting stance; my feet shoulder length apart, my fists up, and my chin down. I watched as some other creature I didn't recognize came to the Attors side, the two stared at me. Silently gaging how much of a threat I was going to be, I'm sure

I kept my focus on the two, not feeling anything around me besides my sister at my back. The crowd was regarding us with silent anticipation. They were waiting for the Attor and the other to drag me away, but I refused to go bloody and bruised to sit in a dungeon for days.

I barely had time to prepare as the Attor and its accomplice lunged for me at the same time. The accomplice got to me first with its fists out trying to deal a blow to my head that would have probably knocked me unconscious.

I ducked, pulling out my dagger aiming for its thighs, I hit home as my blade grazed its left thigh, I didn't give it time to stumble as I reeled my dagger around again and slashed its stomach, repeating the motion again as I drew my weapon back once more. I dealt the final blow to its jaw using the hilt of the dagger. The creature fell to the floor; unconscious or dead. I didn't care which.

I looked at the Attor who spared barely a glance at its fallen friend before it came for me. I flipped the dagger over in my hand. The Attor raised its fist high in the air preparing to strike a blow from above, I twisted, hitting the Attors shoulder blade with the hilt of my dagger, successfully dislocating it as I heard a sharp pop, its talons missed me by mear inches. The Attor hunched over and I placed one hand on its back and the other on its chest, I swung my legs up, wrapping them around its neck and swinging in the other direction, the Attors neck twisted at an odd angle, I landed on my feet placing one hand under its shoulder and the other on its elbow, I pressed the hand holding my dagger to its neck and drew the dagger toward me. Blood sprayed on the floors and the Attors body tumbled to the floor in front of me.

I looked at Amarantha as I stepped over the creature's bloody body, "Are you reconsidering your bargain yet?" I spared her a menacing smile before looking back at the crowd, "Now then, could someone please escort us to our cells?" Amarantha nodded at someone in the crowd, a little bewildered, two lesser faeries stepped up. One grabbed my sister as I allowed the other to grab me.

I couldn't help the satisfied smile that had crept onto my face as we exited the ballroom.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

My cell sucked.

It was dirty and gross; I felt like the worm Amarantha said I was. They could have at least given me a cell with decorations. It was ugly. The walls looked like they'd crumble on me at any second, and the only bed I was allowed was a mear patch of hay. Even the cells I'd been locked in by the Flame were better than this shit-hole.

The guards had immediately dropped me in here and left me in the dark. They had held my arm exceptionally tight and I took satisfaction in the fact that they were a teensy bit intimidated by me.

I walked to the corner of the cell to sit down, I leaned my head back against the wall. I noted the cold stone on my back as I let the shadows embrace me like an old friend.

I'd spent much time in the damp cells deep below St. Everens. I'd been scared out of my mind the first time it happened. They'd kept me down there for two days, only feeding me when they felt like it. By this fifth time it happened, I'd learned to adapt to the dark. Instead of fearing the shadows, I became them.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A/N: she a baddie, grrrrrr.