Twenty-Six

I had finally gotten a bit of my motivation back two days later. I wasn't in tip-top shape but I was feeling... better, I suppose. I wasn't glued to my bed and telling anyone who came into my room to get the fuck out and I actually got out of bed. It was a slow process, whenever this happened, it always was. But brick by brick I'd build myself up until I could stand to look at myself in the mirror.

    With the life I lived, I believed that was as good as it was going to get.

    I'd barely seen Feyre in the last few days, but it didn't stop me from noticing the small things. Like how she'd been going out with Tamlin more often, she painted a lot as well.

    I was happy for her.

    But today I decided I would find my sister. I missed her.

    I stayed true to my plans finding her laying in the garden just looking at the skies. I was silent as I walked over and lay next to her.

    "What are you doing?" I asked as I looked at the sky. It reminded me of how it felt to fly in them. I smiled to myself a bit at the memory.

    I definitely wasn't ready for that again, but I enjoy the memory.

Feyre sighed, "I miss everyone." She paused, "Do you think they'll even remember us in a few years?"

    I sighed in turn, "I don't know." I replied, "We've been dealt a shitty hand and we just have to deal with it."

    I knew it wasn't the answer she was looking for. She wished I'd say 'of course, they will. They're our family' but the truth was I didn't know. There was no way to know. I wasn't going to give my sister false hope that would only hurt more.

    There was a minute of silence. The two of us just watched the clouds move along the sky as they were replaced by new ones. I heard rustling next to me and looked over to see Feyre now on her elbows looking at me with an evaluating gaze.

    "Where have you been? It's like you've been a ghost."

    I shrugged as I looked at my sister, "I've been dealing. It's a lot, I guess. I just needed a minute to sort myself out." My sister seemed to think on that sentence before she reluctantly nodded and moved on.

    "It's different here." She stated as she laid back down, "I'm confused."

    I thought for a moment as I nodded, "It's confusing."

    Out of the blue, Feyre began giggling, "What?" I asked.

    "It's just—it's just," She said in between her laughter, "That cloud, it kind of looks like Nesta." She burst out laughing this time.

    I looked up at the sky searching for the right cloud—oh.

    I couldn't stop my own laughter at the sight. I slapped at hand to my mouth to try to contain it, but I just couldn't.

    Up in the sky was a cloud that looked just like my eldest sister, except it, was so accurate she was crossing her arms looking like she was pouting.

    Maybe the clouds in Prythian had a sense of humor. Whatever it was, I was thankful. This felt normal. Like we were back home and just having fun outside. There were times when I just wished I hadn't grown up. That I could just be an innocent little kid forever.

    Unfortunately, wishes don't always come true.

Our laughter cooled after a moment. And we sat in silence as we thought. "Let's go inside," Feyre spoke as she got up from the ground and offered me her hand. I quickly took it and she practically yanked me off the ground, causing me to stumble and trip as I tried to land on my feet.