Chapter 24

Chapter 24

------------------------------------------

Jesse's POV

------------------------------------------

I bit him! Oh my gosh, I bit him! These were the only thoughts that flew through my mind as I stared at Derek with the eyes of a body I could not control. I had hurt the only person that had said they loved me. I'm a true abomination. I deserve to be kept away from people, from humanity, or any type of living being. I deserve to be locked in a house like a caged animal. And the worst thing is, I understand why my mother didn't let me near people when I was younger, now. I'm a rabid animal deserving of being put in a cage. I deserve to rot for what I have done! I just hurt the one I loved.

"It's okay, Jesse." Derek said with a voice that sounded like it hasn't been used in years. He reached up to my face and rubbed the mark on my forehead, and in response I just bit into his flesh even more, making him close his eyes in pain, but he didn't stop rubbing my forehead.

I was crying on the inside. Felix hasn't said a word, probably cause he could feel what I was feeling, our souls are connected after all.

"You can pull through this, I know you can." He said as he moved his hand so he was now scratching behind my ears. "I'll be fine, I promise. I'll heal and I'll be right here for you."

Then he did something I didn't expect him to do, not with me in this form atleast; he lent his head up and placed a small kiss to my muzzle.

Shock flooded my body. Shock and happiness, so much happiness. I love this boy. I love this boy so much. Now that I think about it, he's always been there for me, more than my own mother has. He's been with me through everything. I love him so much.

The happiness and love seemed to course through my body in powerful waves, I was feeling so much of it. So much that it was overwhelming. It must be true when they say love is powerful, because steadily I was feeling control of my body again. That one simple kiss was enough to give me control again.

Slowly, I removed my teeth from Derek's shoulder, causing him to hiss in pain before his eyes widened and he looked up at me. I watched as happiness filled his eyes, knowing that I had gained control of my body once again.

"Dear God! I had no idea you were so powerful." Felix whispered.

I moved off of Derek and stood tall and proud. I was proud because I realized I had a lot to be proud of. And all of them things I was proud of involved Derek, and a little bit of Felix.

"Ahhhh!" A crazed screech sounded. Derek stood to his full height, putting pressure on his shoulder with his hand. We both turned and looked at the sound.

"How much power do I have to use to make you totally mine!" The old scraggly haired man yelled to the sky. Me and Derek stared at him, and watched as realization over took his features.

"You!" He pointed an accusing finger at Derek. "This is all your fault! Get him!"

And with that single command, all the other supernatural creatures under the spell, launched themselves at Derek. I tried to block all the ones that got too close, but they soon figured out that I couldn't guard him from every one of them.

I soon found out that I couldn't guard him from every one of them.

While I was blocking a Kanima on his left side, three more creatures moved in and started attacking him from his right. Derek scratched and clawed and bit and punched, turning into his werewolf. But one of them jumped over the rest and landed on Derek. I turned around just in time to see Derek and the other neko go down. I charged for him, but stopped when I felt something cut into my stomach. I looked down, but there was nothing there. I looked back at Derek to see him with five scratch marks in his stomach and him crying out as all the other supernaturals took his weak state as their chance and jumped on him, biting and tearing into him. And I could feel every bit of it as if it was happening to me.

"He's the one you're bonded too!" I heard Felix say in a rushed voice. "You must save him! If he dies you'll be in agonizing pain for the rest of your life! Give me control!"

"What? No! I have to save him!" I said as my protective instincts began to kick in and I charged at them.

"Hold on my sweet." The old man said. I turned to look at him and saw him start to conjure up even more magic. The magic started to fly in my direction, heading for the mark on my head. Oh gosh no!

"You have to break it, Jesse!" Felix shouted as Derek gave another cry of pain. "Break the mark!"

And with that I turned our big black panther body... and ran head first into a tree. A bashing noise sounded as my head hit the tree, but it didn't break the seal. And so I repeated the process, ramming into the tree over and over again. I was about to give up when I heard a crack sound, like glass breaking. I rammed my head into the tree one last time and watched as the seal fell from my forehead and disappeared into the ground.

"Nooo!" The old guy screamed bloody murder. "You bitch!"

I ignored him, my need to protect Derek being stronger than my need to lash out at the old guy.

"Give me control!" Felix said once again.

"But what about Derek, I have to save him!" I screamed at him, charging over to help Derek.

But Felix wasn't asking. Forcefully pushing me to the back, he took full control and charged in the direction of Derek, which made me calm down a little.

I watched through my eyes as Felix leapt on top of one of the creatures, legs spread out, claws elongated, and mouth wide open. He wrapped his mouth around a werewolves head and started thrashing him around, like a wild animal. Felix then threw him back and made him hit a tree. We leapt at our second victim ready to tear them limb from limb when a thought occurred to me.

"Wait, Felix! What if we don't have to kill them!" I asked.

"Do you want them to kill Derek!?"

"No! But the old guy is the source! If we kill him all of this might stop!" I yelled. "Like cutting off the head of the snake!"

"The body will die." He finished. "Fine."

Felix pulled back, walking a little distance away from all the supernaturals and Derek. He then turned to face them. The old man stood behind, watching all the beasts tear at Derek, who kept releasing screams. What is Felix doing! Was he watching too!

"What are you doing, help him!" I exclaimed, dread filling me.

Felix then took off full speed, pushing our legs harder then we have before. Our muscle rippled with every step we took and our breathing got harder.

We burst through the crowd of beasts hovering and chewing on Derek, causing all of them to fall back in surprise and release Derek. But we didn't stop there, we ran straight for the old guy, who had a surprised look on his face as we knocked him over and sunk our teeth into his neck.

He couldn't even utter a word as Felix clamped down harder, so hard that a chunk of his neck came off of him. Horror filled his eyes as he watched Felix chew and swallow. I was a little freaked out too, this was my body that he was using. But I kept my mouth shut.

Blood poured from the wound on his throat, but that didn't stop the wicked vile smile that appeared on his face.

"I killed your family." He choked and blood started running from his mouth. Felix tensed before a gust of murderous rage took over him. It scared me. "None of this would of worked the way I wanted if I didn't. Then I set it up and made it look like werewolves did it."

Felix wasn't listening though. He brought our claws way above our head, ready to bring them down and end this mans life.

"But now I'm gonna kill theirs." Was the only thing that the old man got out before Felix brought the claws down, slashing the old man across the face and ending his life.

------------------------------------------

Updated!!!

Vote and comment??!!

Only like three more chapters!!

The end is near!!