Chapter 10

I finally figured out how to put photos on here!

----------------------------------------------

Chapter 10

Derek's POV!

I looked at Jesse who now had her arms crossed over her chest, as if just realizing she wasn't wearing a shirt anymore. It was also at this very point that I realized what it looked like we were doing. I swiveled my head back to face Maria, her expression of anger growing with each passing second. I'm in deep shit! Maria's foot began tapping furiously on the hard wood flooring. I looked to my mother, giving her a pleading look to help me but she also looked like she wanted to crack my skull over a brick.

I started to slowly slide away from them. The odds are against me! I must get as far away as possible!

"Mom. Mom calm down!" I glanced over in Jesse's direction, seeing her trying to reason with her mom.

"It wasn't Derek's fault! I was hurt and he helped me! Don't get mad at him." She said. Her mothers eyes went from Jesse to me. She glared at me for what felt like hours but in reality was only a couple seconds. All of a sudden the anger drained from her face in the blink of an eye and a smile formed on her lips.

"Thank you, Derek, for taking care of my daughter." Maria said before a look of worry took over. Man this woman's Bi-polar. Maria walked over towards Jesse and knelt down.

"Let's have a look at this wound." She said and started unraveling the gauze I had just wrapped around her. So much work for no reason. When she finally got all the gauze off, she instructed Jesse to lay on her uninjured side. My mother walked up next to Maria to help, blocking my view of Jesse. I sat there on the floor silently until I heard both of them gasp. I jumped to my feet and closed the distance between us in a millisecond, peering over our parents shoulders. I watched as Maria started to trace the lines of the 'tattoo'.

"What is it Maria?" My mom asked.

She didn't reply. Maria's tone then turned angry and sturn. "When did this start appearing, Jesse?" She asked.

"L-last night." Jesse stuttered.

"And why didn't you tell me right away?!" Maria asked, her voice getting higher.

"I'm sorry momma." Jesse said, curling up into a ball.

"Maria, what is it." My mom asked again.

"It's magic. Jesse, have you come in contact with a wicken?" Maria asked. Mom gasped.

"Maria, are you sure it was one of them?" Mom asked. Maria nodded. A wicken? What the hell is that?

"Now answer my question Jesse." Maria continued.

"I don't even know what that is mom." Jesse cried, tears streaming down her face.

"Well think! These are dangerous beings. They are not to be messed with!" Maria continued to pressure her.

Jesse grabbed ahold of her hair and curled up into a tighter ball. The tears continued to streak down her face and small whimpers were leaving her lips. She looks so vulnerable. This isn't right. Where's the bad ass neko at. It seems that Jesse is a submissive kitten when it comes to her mom. I can't stand seeing her like this anymore! Surprising myself and I do believe our parents too, I walked around mom and Maria, picked Jesse up off the floor, and sat down on the couch with her on my lap. I don't think Jesse likes getting yelled at.

I kept my arms firmly wrapped around her and swayed gently from side to side, trying the best I could to soothe her.

"Shh, calm down Jesse." I said gently. "Take as much time as you need. Just breathe and try to remember."

/////////////////////////////////////

Jesse's POV

I laid my head against Derek's chest, listening to his steady strong heart beating in his chest as I tried to think. I went through the events of last night in my head. Me looking out the window, the shapes, the fingers, the pain, the blood. They are all clues that revolve around the center, the cause. But I just can't think of it! What is it! I felt like pulling my hair out cause of how frustrated not being able to remember made me. I know, I know I saw something but what was it.

"Breathe, Breathe and think." Derek whispered soothingly to me a second time. Doing as he instructed, I breathed in and out, feeling some of the pressure being released. And that's the moment that I remembered. Everything that has happened was centered around the person that was standing in my driveway that night.

My head shot up from its place on Derek's chest, startling him to the point where he accidentally knocked me off his lap. I made a screeching cat noise that a cat would probably make if you threw him out of a third story window. I landed with a thump on the wood flooring and sat up rubbing by backside while glaring at Derek.

"What was that for you dumb ass pansy!" I growled at him.

He gave an impish smile. "Just trying to make you fall for me." He decided to crack a joke. I glared harder and growled louder.

Our parents bursted out laughing and we both turned to face them. They were both wiping away tears of laughter and leaning against one another to keep upright. Me and Derek sat there, patiently waiting on them to be done with their laughing fit.

"So did you finally remember." My mom said while wiping away more tears.

"Yea. Yes I did see one, but he didn't touch me or anything." I said.

"Just having you within eye sight is enough baby." My mom said, now serious. "I don't know why they decided to carve a tree into you of all people, but there must be something special about you that we don't know of if they did."

Mom and Talia then stood up and started whispering to each other before they both nodded their heads and Talia turned to look at me. "Both me and your mom think it would be in your best interest to start combat training at my house. This is not up for discussion and besides, yours and Derek's birthdays are in a couple days. Which means that you're going to finally be sixteen and figure out who you're going to be bonded to and Derek, well Derek's going to turn sixteen.

"Well thanks for making me sound lame mom." Derek rolled his eyes. Talia giggled.

"So I don't have a choice?" I asked.

"No, you don't. You will start tomorrow, but for now you and Derek need to clean the house." My mother smirked. My shoulders slumped. I can't believe she remembered.

"Ah, though I forgot did you. Well sorry to disappoint you but you're dealing with a full fledged neko now." She said evilly.

I heard Derek sigh from behind me. "Well, might as well get it over with."

----------------------------------------------

Hope y'all like the chapter!!

Please vote and comment!!

By the way I do read y'all's comment and thank you for them!!

I'll should have another update up this weekend!!!

BYE!!!