Chapter 13

Hehe! A true blood photo! Eric Northman is soooo freaking hot!!! Wheeeew 'fanning myself'.
Anywho here's a new chapter!
----------------------------------------------
Chapter 13

Upon getting home, I led Derek through my house and into the living room. I plopped myself down on the couch and stared down at my injured wrist. Derek stood in front of me and studied me. He glanced down at my wrist.

"I'm going to get some medical supplies for that." He said. I nodded and heard him walk off and up the stairs.

I just sat there consumed in silence and let my thoughts swarm my brain as I stared at my bloody wrist. The events from when I was at the market replayed in my head. What is happening to me? What did that old man do to me? Is he the one who did this to me? He said the tattoo should be completed by now.

I stood up and lifted my shirt over my head. I started to unwrap the gauze around my waist and let it fall to the floor. I leaned over some so I could look at it better. The whole think was black like a silhouette. It took up my entire side, from my hip all the way up to just below my collar bone. It was the same tree with birds surrounding it, but in more detail and bigger than before. It's beautiful, but what does it mean? I felt the skin around it and realized the skin of the tattoo was slightly higher than the rest of my skin. It was a giant scar. I'm going to be stuck with this for the rest of my life!

I heard Derek bounding back down the stairs and hastily picked my shirt off the floor before putting it over my head. I had just pulled it down in time for Derek to walk into the living room with the supplies he went to get. He stopped walking when he saw me standing there and then looked down at the gauze that lay on the floor at my feet. He looked back up at me with a curious face but didn't ask questions.
He walked closer to me and motioned for me to sit back on the couch. I sat down and he kneeled in front of me and gently took my wrist in to his hand. He started going about cleaning and bandaging my wound.

"You've been getting hurt a lot lately." He stated, not taking his eyes off what he was doing.

"You inflicted this one, this time. And plus, once the bond kicks in, I'm probably going to get hurt a lot more and a lot worse. But don't worry about it. We nekos are designed to take a lot more then you werewolves can." I laughed slightly, not liking Derek's serious mood.

"I'm sorry." Derek whispered, completely overlooking my attempt to lighten the mood. "I am so sorry." His voice cracked. He kept his head down and refused to look me in the eye. He pulled my hand to his cheek and rubbed it against my hand.

"Tell me what happened." He whispered, still rubbing his cheek against my palm. I looked down at him. Why won't he look up at me? Is he pitying me? The thought sent anger coursing through my veins. I don't want his pity! It is what it is! He can't change anything.

"Please tell me what happened." His voice cracked again and all anger I felt slipped away. Was he sad about the way of a neko or is it that I got hurt? I'm so confused.

I pushed all my thoughts away and focused on telling him what happened. I told him everything down to the smallest detail and also why the gauze was on the floor. I also told him that the tattoo was a giant scar. He finally looked up at me as I was telling him but refused to let go of my hand. I didn't pull away from him though. I kinda liked the way it felt.

Just as I finished telling him what happened, the phone rang. We both jumped at the shrill sound that filled the tense air. Derek quickly jumped up and walked over to it. He picked up out of the holster thing and stuck it to his ear.

"Hello?" He asked and was silent the rest of the time before saying bye and hanging up. He turned to me and rubbed a hand down his face tiredly.
"Your mom isn't coming home tonight." He said.