Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I started folding the blankets back on my bed and getting my giant teddy bear from my closet, to snuggle to when I get in bed. I walked over to my dresser and pulled out pajamas and went into the bathroom to change into them. I walked back out and my mom opened my bedroom door. "Why weren't you down there to say goodbye to Talia and Derek?" Mom asked.

"Because I didn't want to be around Derek." I replied bluntly, moving over to sit on my bed.

"You know, it isn't a bad thing that he likes you." She said.

"But it is a bad thing that he is a player and a douche and all the other bad words you can think of," I said back, raising my voice just an octave higher, "plus he's a werewolf anyway. Our kind is so rare, when we find another neko we mate with them just to keep our race alive."

"I don't want you to do that just to keep the race alive. We're not going extinct that easily. When you mate, I want you to love the person you're mating with." She said.

"Alright," I said, "can I go to bed now?"

Mom sighed. "Alright, goodnight." She said and walked out of my room, closing the door behind her.

I stood up, walking over to the window. I feel bad. I shouldn't of raised my voice at her. I'm a terrible daughter.

I put my forehead to the glass of the window and looked out, but went rigid immediately as I saw someone standing outside on the driveway, looking up at my window. Fear and curiosity flooded my vains as we both just stood there staring at each other. Who the hell is that? The person started to make hand signs, moving his fingers in wierd patterns. I watched him move his hands, as if I was hypnotized I couldn't tear my gaze away. When his hands stopped moving, he pointed his finger up at me and it was like I was set on fire. Heat crept up on my skin and within seconds I was sweating. My breathing started becoming eratic and I closed my eyes to calm down, taking deep breathes. I felt the heat ease up before disappearing altogether. When I opened my eyes again and looked to the spot the man was standing at, he was gone. Gone as if he were never there. I took a deep breathe and backed up from the window.

I walked back over to my bed and threw myself down on to it. I rolled over to lay on my back, that's when I felt the pain. Its was just like the heat I just felt but a hundred degrees hotter. I was sweating again and whimpering in pain. The heat was so uncomfortable, I stripped off my shirt and my shorts followed soon after. The pain got worse and it felt like claws were ripping at the skin on my side and stomach. I tossed and turned on my bed, hoping to find an angle that would ease the pain. "Ahh!" I yelled out and arched my back. "Please, please, make it stop!" I yelled out to nobody. The clawing pain was now down to my belly button and at the rim of my panties. I continued writhing in my sheets, giving a yelp every now and then; Then the pain stopped. I breathed heavily and tried to lift my head, but stopped when it started pounding. My hands flew up to hold my head as the pain only got worse. My body was soon fed up with the pain and I passed out.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I awoke to my mother knocking on my door. I highly dout she heard me last night considering she sleeps in the basement. I know, wierd. She says it makes her feel closer to nature. I don't see it because the basement is about thirteen feet under ground. But it's none of my business. "Jesse?" Mom spoke, continueing to knock on the door. Oh, forgot about her. I jumped up and remembered I was half naked so threw on some clothes. "Coming!" I called. I threw open the door to see a smiling mother. I raised an eyebrow. "Yes mother." I said. Her smile got wider. "I'm going to pick up Talia. Me and her have to get a couple things done before you and Derek's birthday." She told me. I got excited.

"Is it something big! I thought y'all already did all the shopping."  I said.

"Oh, we're just making some last minute changes, that's all." She told me. "Oh and you have thirty-five minutes to get ready for school or you'll be late." She added. 

I looked over at my clock. "Oh heck!" I shouted and slammed my door in my now laughing mothers face. I stripped out of the clothes I put on and ran around my room looking for more. I ran over to my drawer and pulled out my usual baggy clothes and hat. I glanced up into my mirror, hanging on the wall above my dresser, and froze. I straightened up and my eyes widened. On my side and stomach were black tatoo like structures. It looked like an upside down tree, without the trunk, and had black bird shaped objects all around it. It stopped just below my panty line. Is this why I was in so much pain last night? Some tatoo just randomly decided to show up on me. My alarm going off, signalling that I'll be late for school in five minutes, scared me from my thought and I quickly threw my clothes on. Checking to make sure my tail was securely in my pants leg and my ears covered by my hat, before running out my bedroom, down the stairs, and out the front door; not bothering to say bye to mom since it seems she has already left.

I ran down the side walk and cut into the forest for a short cut. I could hear the late bell ring in the distance. I'm gonna be so late. Mom is going to kill me if she finds out. I broke through the tree line and bolted to the front door, which I now had locked in my sight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I redid this chapter. hope it is better!!!!