Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Jessie! Jessie!" I heard faintly, then I felt my body being shaken. I slowly opened my eyes, wincing because of the light. "Jessie." I heard someone breathe in relief. I blinked my eyes rapidly, trying to get them to adjust faster. "Jessie? Can you hear me?" My ears flicked in the direction the voice was coming from, my eyes darting there shortly after. "Thank god!" I looked up to see none other than Derek Hale. I gave him a confused look before looking at my surroundings. We looked to be in a closet of some sort. Mops, brooms, and other cleaning tools strewn around us. We were in the janitors closet. I turned my head back to Derek, who was staring at me with a worried expression on his face. I raised an eyebrow at him. What is he worried about? I then took note that Derek was cradling me in his arms like a fragile China doll. "Eeeeeeeee!" I squeaked and sat up really fast, which turned out to be a horrible idea. Pain shot up my side and I hissed.

I held my hand to my side on instinct. Letting a small moan of pain escape my lips, before gasping in surprise as I felt Derek grasp my shoulders and forcing me to lay on my back on the closet floor. Still slightly out of it from blood loss, I didn't have time to grasp what was going on as, all to fast, Derek had his hands on the bottom end of my shirt and was lifting it over my head. He threw my shirt to the side. Me being the self conscience person I have always been, shot my arms up to cover my bra-cladded chest. Derek narrowed his eyes and gave me a weird look.

"Relax. I'm just trying to get a better look at your wound. I wouldn't try anything on an injured girl. Is that really how low you think of me?" He stated. His eyes never left mine to try getting a look at my chest. Huh, would you look at that, he can be a respectable being if he wants to be.

I narrowed my eyes at him. He held my eye contact as if knowing I was looking for assurance that he wouldn't do anything to me. I finally nodded my head and he quickly turned his attention back to the wound on my side. I lied back flat on the floor as to let him inspect easier, but still kept my arms folded across my chest.

My breath hitched as I felt Derek's fingers glide down my stomach in the direction of my injury, coaxing a shiver from me. It didn't go unnoticed by Derek as I saw his eyes glance up at me quickly before darting back down to focus once more on my injury. He gently began to prod around the wound making me hiss in pain.

"Jessie?" He asked.

My eyes looked down and into his, which were looking up at me. "What?" I croaked through the pain.

"Since when did you have a tattoo?" He asked.

"I don't know it just sort of showed up last night." I said. He gave me a weird look.

"Like it just popped out of nowhere?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"You're going to have to tell me more about this later. Whatever it is, it's making you lose a lot of blood." He said and continued to prod around it. His fingers brushed over it and I jolted up in pain causing Derek to grab my shoulders and push me back down. "Try to hold still." He said. I whimpered as his fingers continued to brush over it.

"It's growing." He said mystified. I narrowed my eyes in confusion. What did he mean growing? I leaned up on my elbows. Sure enough, every time he would touch the 'tattoo' it would grow bigger.

"We have to get you to your mom." He said. He got to his feet, then bent down and wrapped his arms around my waist and started to hoist me up.

As he was about to pick me up in his arms, I put my hand on his chest to stop him. He gave me a confused look. I pointed over to where he threw my shirt. I didn't want people to think the wrong thing if we came out with me only in my bra. It was bad enough just us coming out of a closet. He got the memo and sat me down against the wall then grabbed my shirt and started working it on to my head and my arms through the arm holes. He hastily put his jacket on me to cover up the blood on my shirt and picked me up bridal style since I was starting to slowly lose consciousness again.

He burst from the janitor closet door, ignoring the looks stray people in the hallway were giving us and ran down the hallway towards the main entrance doors. Upon bursting through those and almost making them fall off the hinges from the force, he ran toward the forest. Making sure to take the shortcut to my house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT AND TERRIBLE!!!!

I SORRY!!!

ILL MAKE THE NEXT ONE LONGER AND BETTER I PROMISE!!!!!!