Chapter 16

So I know I haven't updated in a while, but I did tell you that updates would come slower since my mom stopped paying for my phone. I apologize.

------------------------------------------

Chapter 16

------------------------------------------

"Ohhhh yea! I beat you again! I am such a winner." I exclaim, throwing my hands up in the air in victory. I spun around to face a sulking Derek, who was sitting on the couch refusing to look at me. What a sore loser.

We just got done cleaning Derek's house, which is a gigantic wooden house out in the middle of the woods might I add. It was a close call and it would've been a tie, that is, until he slipped on the wet floor that I had just mopped in the kitchen. Pretty hilarious if you ask me. I had just got done mopping when I heard stomping feet hitting the floor and turned around to see Derek barreling in my direction like a rhino. He had such a determined look on his face, until he slipped that is. And I was laughing so hard tears were rolling down my face.

"You cheated." He pouted, folding his arms across his chest. I rolled my eyes and crossed the room, standing in front of him. I leaned down till I was eye level with him.

"Oh, did Derek get his ego bruised cause he got beat by a girl..... again."

He wiped a fake tear away and nodded his head. "Can you kiss it better?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow.

"Hmm, let me think about that. Uh... no." And with that I started walking towards his front door.

Derek grabbed my wrist once he realized where I was going.

"Where are you going?"

"Home?" I replied, pointing at the door with a confused look on my face.

He started shaking his head. "No. No way am I letting you out of my sight after last night."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I'm a grown ass woman! If I want to go home or any place for that matter, I'm gonna go whether you're with me or not." I said sassily.

He raised his eyebrows at me and a smirk graced his features. He stepped closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me against his body. "Oooh, feisty. I like that." He growled seductively.

My eyes widened. Man his moods change fast. Wasn't he just telling me I couldn't go anywhere alone and now he's all touchy and seductive.

His face came closer to mine until our foreheads were touching. He kept growling playfully and running his hands up and down my sides. It felt good as I stood there in a dazed like state with my hands by my sides cause I didn't know what to do with them. All I could do was stare at Derek. I couldn't look anywhere else as he stared back with his hazel eyes.

"Derek." I whispered out as our breathes mingled. I began shaking a little in nervousness. He groaned and ceased his actions, pulling back some but still holding on to me.

"Sorry." He said. I tried pulling out of his grip, but he latched onto me tighter. I started shaking a little more and looked down at our feet. "Hey." He said, lifting my chin with his finger. "Don't be nervous. I promise I would never force you to do anything you don't want to do." I just nodded my head. He pecked my lips and let me go. I immediately turned around and starting heading for the door again, Derek trailing after me.

Once we were outside, we started heading through the woods in the direction of my house. My tail was swishing freely behind me and my ear were exposed. I don't think we're going to run into anyone in the middle of the woods.

Halfway in the middle of the woods, I started feeling a pull in my side. I stopped walking and Derek turned to look at me questionably.

"What is it? Is something wrong? Is it the scar again?" Derek asked coming closer to me. He stared at me, awaiting my answer. I met his eyes with a confused look.

"Yea, it is the scar." I said and Derek immediately got worried and was lifting my shirt to check on it. I swatted his hands away and my shirt fell back in place. "You didn't let me finish." I said annoyed. "It feels different."

"What do you mean? How is it different?"

"It feels like... like it's trying to pull me somewhere." I said in realization and started to walk in the direction the pull was strongest, leaving Derek standing there dumbfounded before he came bounding after me. He grabbed my arm, pulling me to a stop.

"Where the hell are you going? It could be dangerous!" He exclaimed.

"I wanna know where it's taking me. Now I'm going with or without you." And with that I started walking again. A couple minutes later Derek came up beside me. "So you finally made your decision?"

"I can't exactly let you go by yourself. Not with what's been going on. I'm not going to let you." He said.

With that we continued walking in the direction of the pull. Derek always staying a couple of steps behind cause he didn't know where we were going. What could be waiting for us. What if it's that old man again. Or maybe a whole group of wickens. My hands started to tremble as my thoughts continued to get worse and worse. Derek must of noticed cause he slipped his hand into my trembling one. I looked up at him, he had a thoughtful look on his face.

"Hey you know our birthdays are in a couple of days. I wonder what our parents are planning for it. And you'll finally figure out what werewolf you're supposed to protect." He said, successfully distracting me from my negative thoughts.

"Yep. My moms been preparing me for it my entire life." I said.

"You don't sound to happy about it."

"I'm not. Because of me being a neko I was never able to do what normal kids did. I didn't go to a park and have my parents push me on the swing. I didn't go to the beach, in fact, I've never been. I wasn't able to do anything like that."

"Oh." Was all he said. He gave my hand a squeeze and I looked up at him to see him with a sad face.

"Why the long face?"

"I'm sorry you had to live like that."

"It's no big deal." I said with a shrug of my shoulders. "I understood why I couldn't do those things." I then pointed to my ears. He sighed but didn't say anything else.

We walked in silence until I came to an abrupt halt, causing Derek to run into my back.

"It's the same one." I said. Derek looked at me in confusion before following my gaze.

There in front of us stood a gigantic tree, at least five times as thick and tall then the other trees. And it was the same one from the vision I had and it looked exactly like my scar.

"That's a big tree." Derek stated. "What do you mean it's the same one?"

"Last night when you found me on the floor screaming, I had seen this tree."

------------------------------------------

Updated!!!!

Vote and comment!!!

I'll update every chance I get!!