Chapter 7

Chapter 7

          I bursted through the big metal doors; listening to them slam against the wall as I continued running toward my first period. Oh no, I hope I don't get detention for this. I am so late. I took a left and ran toward the door at the end of the hall. Upon reaching it, the door swung open hitting me directly in the face. I fell backwards, landing on my butt. I put a hand, on my now sore face, and looked up to see who caused me so much pain. "Ah, Jessie, I assume. So you're finally hear. Thought you would be coming late." My, I assume, history teacher said. This is technically my first day; You know since Derek chased me out yesterday. "Now get in here before I decide to right you up." He said smiling, ignoring my injured state.

"Fine." I huffed, jumping to my feet and walking in the class room.

          I looked around, trying to decide where to sit. I glanced around the room and my eyes landed on Derek, who was waving his hands around and pointing to the desk in front of him in a way that said 'hey come sit here'. I rolled my eyes at how stupid he looked, but went to sit in front of him anyway because that was the only seat left in this crowded class room. I sat down and started getting my writing utensils out, ignoring Derek, who is now poking my back.

          The teacher walked back in the room from wherever he was going whenever he hit me with the door. He still hadn't apologized to me. I mean yea, sure, I was late but you don't have to punish me by hitting me with the door, which was probably an accident but still, and then not apologizing. "Alright everyone, you will just be needing paper and a pencil or pen today. We will just be taking notes." He said.

"Stop poking me!" I exclaimed to Derek after a while. He was already starting to annoy me and I just got here.

****10 MINUTES LATER****           

          My side was starting up with that same burning sensation again. Damn it, I thought it was finished. The pain continued to build but I tried my best to ignore it and continued writing the notes the teacher put on the board, struggling to keep up with his fast pace and write them down before he changed the slide. I heard Derek making sniffing sounds, signalling that he was smelling the air around him. I felt him lean close to me and start sniffing me. He started to poke me again, but since I was alredy sensitive from the pain, he just made it intensify. I whimpered but continued to ignore him. His poking became more harsh. The pain getting to the point where I wanted to scream. I still didn't turn to face him. "Jessie!" He whispered harshly. By this time I was beginning to get dizzy spells. He grabbed my arm and forcefully spun me around to face him.     "Jessie! You're bleeding!" He continued to whisper yell. I looked up at him and gave him a confused look before looking down at my shirt to see blood starting to seep through. This was worse than last time.              

          He looked down at the blood seeping through my shirt then back up to my face. "What the hell happened to you!?" He asked. I wasn't able to answer. I started swaying in my chair, barely able to keep myself up right. Derek noticed and put his hands on my hips to steady me and also to keep me from falling out of my chair. " We need to get you out of here before someone notices all this blood." Derek said. That would be terrible, cause then they would take me to the nurse and she would ask me to remove my clothes so she could look at the wound and then freak out because of my tail.             

         All of a sudden, I felt the warmth of fabric being placed on my arms. I looked down, with blurry eyes, to  see Derek's jacket. I'm guessing he was going to use it to cover up the blood on my shirt.   "Alright Jessie, I have a plan but you' re going to have to do the first part on your own. Ok?" He said with a concerned look on his face and a little bit of uneasiness in his voice. All I could do was nod in response. " I need you to ask to go to the bathroom and then wait in the hallway until I come out to get you. Can you do that? He asked. I gave him an unsure look but nodded.             

          I raised a shaking hand in the air and waited until the teacher noticed me. The teacher still had his back turned to the class and it was beginning to be a struggle to hold my arm up. Finally, before I gave up, the teacher turned around and decided to notice my hand. "Huh, Yes Jessie?" He asked.   In a shaky, scratchy, Pain filled voice I said what Derek told me too. "May I... go to the restroom?" The teacher gave me a dull look before nodding his head toward the door. I Stood up and started walking to the door, almost falling over several times, and hearing people call me stuff like 'clumsy bitch'.            

          I managed to make it out of the door. I heard it close so I leaned against the wall and slid down to a sitting position. I opened Derek's jacket to see the blood covering most of my shirt. I took a deep breathe, wincing because it also hurts to breathe. I leaned my head back against the wall and it was there that I passed out. The last thing that I heard was the door opening and an 'oh shit'.           ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------       SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   BUT I DID, SO LIKE AND COMMENT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!