(2): COMPLAINTS & PROTECTIVE SISTERS

+ Joe's P.O.V

Am I a bad guy? No. At least I don't think so, considering there will always be people who like you, and people who do not. Do I want to get a great grade on the Science Project? Yes, yes, yes a hundred percent, yes! I always need A's in every single class because being smart is the only good trait I have.

So when Mr. Gordon told me I was going to be getting Caspar fudgin' Lee as a partner - mind you, he came to school today with a hangover, once dumped a girl because she wouldn't kiss him, barely passes his class (probably), and is just everything that I hate in a person - the first thought that ran through my mind was: What? and then as it dawned on me who I got as a partner, the second thought was: Holy fucking shit I'm going to be stuck doing all the work.

I know about Caspar. A lot actually, as odd and stalker-ish as it sounds. Being the quiet guy in the back of all my classes, I hear things. Things that may just be a rumor, or may be real, but they still make me silently judge people. Not that it's any of my business, but what am I supposed to do when the two boys in front of me just won't shut up about how cute Tanya is and how they wish they were Jim, or the two girls behind me who just won't shut up about how cute my sister and Alfie Deyes would look together? Just ignore it? I'm not going to. It entertains me. And although I know I shouldn't judge people based on things I just hear about them I can't help but judge people based on what I hear, and the things that I have heard about Caspar vary from bad, to good, to straight up gross. 

One of the things I have heard about him before is that once, he got partnered up with someone named Chris, and did jack-shit. Absolutely nothing, and I know it was true because I was in their class and when they were presenting, Chris did all the talking and when Caspar was asked a question about their project; he just laughed and completely dodged the question before he looked at Chris, and passed the question onto him. His charm and his arrogance irritates me so much and I honestly do not want to be partners with him. AT ALL.

Not only that, but I just hate group/partner projects in general. Being kind of a perfectionist, as some say, I usually end up telling people how to do something or fix something they did wrong, because I don't like it that way, and they end up thinking I'm some asshole or something just for wanting an A.

I guess I kind of am, and I feel horrible about it afterwards, but I can't help it, I mean; I NEED TO PASS. It's basically the whole point of going to school in the first place, it's to pass and then go on to be successful in your life, and marry, and have kids, and although I do love to learn, I can't wait till I get to ditch this hell hole and leave.

I can't wait to leave because of people like Caspar; people who are arrogant and don't know how lucky enough they are to be able to learn, when there are some countries who don't even have schools. And my hate for him just fuels up when I'm reading over the requirements for the Science Project, and Caspar is just blankly staring at the paper. It makes me so irritated and frustrated and just something about this boy gets under my skins and makes it crawl because god dammit I need to get an A.

"Caspar," I say, making him look up. God, it hasn't even been 20 minutes sitting alone with him and I already want to pull my hair out. Maybe I should ask Dan and Phil for advice the next time I see them? I actually didn't feel uncomfortable around them like I do with other people. Even if I only had one conversation with them, they seem like intelligent people. I just hope they don't tell me straight up that I'm just being a dick. "Are you paying attention?"

He coughed and sat up, peering down at the paper. "Yeah, of course."

I rolled my eyes. "Then what have I been telling you this whole time we've been talking?"