(20): BYE BYE

+ Joe's P.O.V

If I was expecting my father to be in a good mood with me when I got home, I was wrong. But luckily, I was invisible. As I always was.

I got into the car feeling light-headed from sleeping so much, yet so relaxed. I was still angry with Zoe, which I will be for a little while, so I stayed myself like I normally did. She glanced back at me as Dad ranted about his 'terrible life full of mistakes', giving me a disappointed look crossed with an angry look.

I shot her a look which I hoped looked annoyed and said that I didn't give a shit about her or anything else at the moment. I just cared about going back to sleep, even if I slept all day.

"Joe!" My father barked, causing me to snap my head in his direction.

"Yes?" I asked politely, throwing my right leg over my left knee in annoyance and intertwining my fingers together, hopefully not sounding like a smart-aleck.

"Don't give me that sort of tone," he snapped, causing me to grind my teeth together. "Why the hell did the school call me saying you have issues or some other shit? You're fine in my eyes - don't ever do that again!"

I felt anger rise up in my chest for what seemed to be the millionth time in a life time towards him, and felt myself snap as I caused a fight between me and my Father which I hoped to win and would not give up.

"Sorry, dearest father, but I was too busy having a mother fucking anxiety attack to worry about the stupid ass thing you call a job! Working as some assistant for a man who makes way more money than you and then saying you're better than him, isn't just a coincidence. I know you only give a damn about Zoe, but I needed to go home!" I felt my cheeks shaking with anger now, and I just hoped I didn't look like an infuriated gerbil or something. "And I do care about school. Sorry, you didn't know since your too interested in my sister to actually know I'm top of my class - AT EVERYTHING. I'm so sick and tired of you-"

"I AM YOUR FATHER," He boomed as he came to red light. "YOU ARE MY PROPERTY UNTIL YOU ARE 18 AND UNTIL THEN, YOU CAN NOT SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT."

I rolled my eyes, scoffing to myself loudly. "I am not property. I'm not your slave or your maid or anything else. Also, this is my mouth. The words that come out of it belong to me, and me only, so I don't care what you think of them. I will never take anything I've said back in a million years."

"Listen here, boy," The red light changed to green, but my father turned around in his seat and looked at me, anger in his eyes. "Just because you made your mother run off does not mean you can make me run off too. Just because your mother and I hate you, doesn't mean Zoe should be affected by it." His voice was growing louder, and his words were turning more and more abusive, but I just stayed sitting up straight, my head held high. I'm not a baby. I won't cry over this lame man. "JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE A WASTE OF SPACE, DOES NOT MEAN I SHOULD DEAL WITH YOU. BE HAPPY I HAVE GIVEN YOU A HOME!"

He screamed the last part, anger burning red in his eyes.

I just gave him the sweetest, most fakest smile I could pull.

"Oh, Father. I am not the waste of space. You are."

I couldn't believe anything of what I was saying. I was acting so out of character, but the adrenaline that was pounding through my veins caused me to do something I would have never done in a million years: I uncrossed my legs, unbuckled my seat belt, grabbed my bag which was on the floor, opened up the car door, stepped out of it, and held up my middle finger at my father.

"But since you think I'm such a waste of space, I'll leave. I know there are plenty of my friends who would gladly take me in."

I then slammed the door shut and crossed the street, annoying the guy who was trying to drive forward. Cars were honking but I just shrugged as I got to the pavement, a smile still on my face.