(21): BITTERSWEET

- Caspar's P.O.V

Even if I was worried sick about Joe and Emma finding out about the whole dare thing, and worried about Marcus being a total dick, waking up with Joe clinging onto me like a koala bear was kind of nice, yet super embarrassing at the same time.

His hair was a wild mess, his mouth was slightly parted with drool slightly pooled around the crook of his lip, and his arms were wrapped around my neck with his legs tangled with mine.

It was only six O'Clock when I woke up, and even if I could stay laying like this forever, I didn't want to wake up with Joe awkwardly looking into my eyes like one of those romantic movies that girls cried over. I'd probably do something weird like fart since I always need to go to the bathroom in the morning.

Slightly laughing at myself because of that though, I gently took Joe's arms away from me and turned him over, his legs slipping away from mine as he then grabbed onto his (my) pillow.

I got up and looked down at myself, kind of surprised I didn't get any...trouble last night since Joe was hanging on close to me. I was actually kind of thankful for that, because then today would have been really weird.

I shuffled into my bathroom and brushed my teeth and hair before walking to the kitchen to find my father making breakfast and my mom reading the newspaper.

"Good morning," I said, walking over to my mom and giving her a kiss on her cheek. I then walked over to my dad and gave him a one armed hug since he was cooking.

"Don't try to butter us up," My mother said, scoffing as she turned the newspaper a little too sharply and almost ripping it. "I'm still mad about the fight, even if you did save poor Joe."

I walked to the table she was sitting at and sat on a chair across from her. "I didn't save him from anything, I just helped him in a time of need."

I disliked how my mom said I 'saved' Joe. She didn't know how I told him that I liked him right after he ran away, she didn't know that Marcus dared me to get him to fall for me. She didn't know that while I still did adore Joe, I was dating someone behind his back, even if we weren't dating. She didn't know Marcus was going to hurt both Emma and Joe just to get people to hate me. She didn't know anything, yet she's speaking of me as if I'm some great guy for Joe to know, even though I'm really not.

"So," dad said, walking over to mom's plate and putting 3 pancakes on her plate. "You did save him."

I sighed and just shrugged, rubbing my eyes. "Sure, okay."

Mom closed her newspaper and grabbed the syrup which was sitting in the middle of the table, squeezing it so they syrup fell out in a zig-zag formation. She got her fork and knife and started to cut them into pieces as my dad gave me my own pancakes.

"His father should be reported to Children Services," My mom said as she swallowed a piece of her pancakes. "No child deserves to go through what Joe is going through. That's why he can stay here as long as he wants."

I started to pour syrup on my own pancakes, biting my lip. "I mean, he just should relax for a bit before he starts to think about stuff. I'll talk to him first to make sure he's okay with everything before we talk about his father."

She nodded as dad set another plate of pancakes, this time 5 on the plate.

"Why do you get so many pancakes?" I asked, eyeing them up and down.

"They aren't mine," he said, walking back to the stove where he was cooking more pancakes. "Those are for Joe. He's too skinny."

"He probably has a fast matabalism, dad,"