(6): HANNAH & GRACE

+ Joe's P.O.V

I don't know why I lied to Caspar about being able to get Hannah and Grace to do our project with us, but I think if I didn't I'd come off as a loser for only having two friends.

But that's what I am; a loser.

So now, I have to make up some excuse as a reason that Hannah and Grace won't do the project. Maybe I'll say they're actually blind...

No, that'd be stupid.

What if I just told him I only had Dan & Phil for friends and I only said Hannah and Grace were my friends that could participate with us because I felt like a loser, and panicked?

But then what if he wouldn't trust me, anymore? I know I don't really like the guy yet but he did apologize to me and said he was going to participate for all of the project.

He'd think I'm a horrible person then. I don't want to be a horrible person.

My dad had questions on what I did at school today when he picked me up, but I didn't really get why he was so interested in it.

"Hey, buddy." He said when I got into the car, and shut my door.

My eyes went to the front of the road, leaning my head back on my seat. "Hello, dad."

I continued staring at the road, hoping that he didn't ask anymore questions.

"How was your day today?" Dad continued on. "What did you and your Science partner do after school today? You didn't spend a long time with him, it seems like."

I tried not roll my eyes. "My day was fine. Got some homework I need to do. My partner and I decided to do a Blindness Choice experiment thing. We get 20 photos of people who aren't celebrities and ask 20 people which they find more attractive, and analyze our data and stuff."

I have got to stop saying 'and stuff' I thought to myself as I looked at other cars passing by.

"That's a cool project," He replied. "Is anyone else doing it that you know of, though?"

I rolled my eyes for real after he said that.

What is with parents wanting to know everything about you?

It's not like he cared.

Not like mom did.

"No," I said in a irritated tone. "I made sure no one else would do the same thing as us so we would get a better grade and maybe even get picked for the Science fair."

My dad let out a little laugh. "Always have to be at the top of everything, don't you Joey?"

I tensed up, feeling my chest tighten.

Joey.

"I may try out for the Spring musical," I said quickly, trying to ignore the fact he called me Joey.

He couldn't call me Joey.

No one could but my mom and she isn't here to do that so I'm just Joe.

"Oh, really?" Dad said, turning a right. He seemed so unaware that I felt uncomfortable with him calling me Joey, but I guess he didn't get it, and never would. Zoe didn't even get it and she's always been the favorite over me to everyone. She's just naturally better than me, and more likeable.

"Yeah. Mr. Tennet said he doesn't really know what musical we're doing yet, though. He'll probably decided in 2 or so days."

I heard my dad give a little laugh. "Mr. Tennet's a great man. Hopefully he gives you the part you deserve though. I still can't believe he made you Peter Pan when a girl usually play the part," I looked down at my lap, fiddling with my fingers. There's always something wrong when I do something right. "Not that you were bad or anything, you were amazing! I just hope you get a great role, is all I'm trying to say."