(25): BEST OF THE BEST

+ Joe's P.O.V

The rest of the day I tried to get my mind off of Caspar but nothing worked. He was 100% embedded in my life, and I couldn't cut him out of it no matter how hard I tried.

It's so funny, especially since I barely know him. What's his middle name? When did he move to London, considering he has a South African accent? What do his parents do for a living? I don't know. He knows so much about me, yet I know nothing about him unless it's from school.

In Fifth period I had a substitute but the teacher left no work to do, so I could either go on my phone or start reading the book I have to write an essay about for History. I decided I didn't feel like reading a depressing book about the Holocaust so I took out my phone and just stared at it, not knowing what to do.

I decided to open up my messages, my eyes immediately trailing to Caspar's name. I bit my lip and tapped on it, scrolling up and down through out messages. I smiled to myself as I read all the ones he sent me to cheer me up when Zoe was ignoring me, and felt myself grinning. It took me a moment to remember what he did to me before exiting out of my messages and blushing.

I didn't even know what to do anymore. I could talk to Zoe, but she'd just threaten to rip his head off and eat his heart or something like that. I could talk to Will, but I'm thinking maybe if I talk to someone I don't know they could give me their honest opinion on everything. But who? Dan and Phil don't know Caspar. I could ask my partner in Graphics, if he would sit next to me for once? Maybe Tanya?

I sighed, going into my bag and pulling my headphones out.

My mind is turning into a broken record, repeating things over and over again, just like I used to and it was starting to annoy the hell out of me. I just wanted it all to end, I wanted this clouded hell to go away, and I wanted Caspar to piss off and leave my poor brain alone.

I was just about to put in my headphones and listen to some music, but the bell rang, and I sighed. I probably should have read during the whole period but I couldn't, which sucks, because my essay is due soon and I can barely concentrate on anything.

The walk to sixth period was annoying. For some reason, all I could notice was how happy people were and how happy couples were; smiling, giggling, holding hands, kissing. I'm starting to become a real hater when it comes to PDA, but I knew I just wanted to be in their place. I wanted to be the one smiling and giggling and laughing and holding hands with someone. Even though I knew I didn't need anybody to give me happiness, it just seems as if it would be amazing to know that there is someone in this world who loves you more than a friend, and doesn't love you like brother loves sister. I want someone to look at me as if I were the most beautiful creature on the planet, I wanted someone I could call mine.

But you know, whatever. Caspar would probably make a joke out of that if I ever told him that, but you know what - FUCK CASPAR. He screwed me up and I shouldn't be thinking of giving him a second chance now. I should be thinking of my Science project and how I'm going to do it, my History book I need to read and write a essay on.

And as I walked into sixth period, I remembered that I signed up for auditions for The Wizard of Oz and I need to memorize a monologue and a song. Shit. I totally forgot about the school musical. Maybe I just shouldn't audition. I wish I could, but honestly, I don't even believe I can focus on one thing for a long time without trailing off to all my problems with Caspar.

I sat in my normal seat, and looked around, noticing that not many people were sitting near me. It was as if everyone was spread out away from me. Not that I cared. There are some people in this class I can't stand.

(i.e: those stupid homophobic girls that were talking crap about the LGBTQ+ community.)

Before the bell rang, Mr. Tennet called my name and asked me to come up to him. I hope this was just about my scene and not anything about The Wizard of Oz. I didn't want to talk about homework right now, I just really didn't. I wanted to go to bed. And never wake up.

(I'm turning into a real teenager oh my god.)

"Yes, Mr. Tennet?" I asked when I went up to his desk. All of the students in my class were talking, and laughing, and it was so annoying especially since I could barely hear him speak to me.

"Hey, Joe!" He said, giving me a big grin. "Why were you out yesterday? You never miss school."

I just shrugged awkwardly. "Um, I was sick. Couldn't really make it to school."

(Excellent excuse, Joe. Not like it's the oldest one in the book or anything. Just be glad you're a good student.)

Mr. Tennet just frowned and nodded. "Well, I guess even the best of us have our bad days. Anyways, you weren't here when they made the announcement, but they told me since the school year is almost over, I can't do my end of the year musical."

Yikes. Hope he didn't pay for any of the costumes and props over time.

"But," Mr. Tennet said, clapping his hands together. "They decided to allow me to do a Talent Show, and I wanted to put my two best female singers and two best male singers to do a duet. Separately, though. The boys doing one duet and the girls doing another. For my best male singers, I chose you and Troye. Do you know Troye?"

I hesitated, but still nodded. "Yeah, I know Troye. I've never really spoken to him that much, though."

Mr. Tennet just gave me a smile. "Well, you will know him because you two are going to sing a duet together. I didn't choose the song, or anything, you two can do that yourself. Actually, you two could just stay behind at school today and choose the song. The time where everyone in the talent show meets for practice is tomorrow, so if you choose a song today I could get you both the music."

I nodded. I think I could handle singing with Troye. I mean, the only things for homework I really needed to focus on was the essay and the Science project, and I read very fast so I could finish the book if I read in the morning and at night. Plus the Science project is due in another week, so that should be easy for me, as long as I get a board soon to put all my stuff on it.

"Yeah," I said with a nod. "I'll stay after school today if Troye can."

Mr. Tennet gave me another smile. "I'll call his sixth period teacher and talk to him."

I nodded and turned to leave, but he called out my name before I could walk back to my seat.

"Joe, you look kind of, what's the word? Not much like yourself. Are you okay?"

I gave Mr. Tennet a smile. "I'm fine, Mr. Tennet."

No I wasn't.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

A/N: CASPAR KISSING JOE'S CHEEK IN THEIR LAST COLLAB QIHDLKWAHBFLKJBHERGJKF ANYWAYS. WHY DO I ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPS WHEN I DO THESE THINGS? SMH. ANYWAYS, THESE CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN SHORT BUT I'M GOING TO START UP ON CHAPTER 26 AND HOPEFULLY MAKE IT OVER 4,000+ WORDS LIKE MY CHAPTERS USUALLY ARE.

ALSO I DECIDED TO MAKE EMMA MORE OF A BITCH AND YOU WILL SEE THAT NEXT CHAPTER. TROYE AND CONNOR ARE MY DADS EFOIHSELJRFBLKAUHEF

P.S: COMMENT A SAD LOVE SONG THAT YOU WANT THEM TO SING BECAUSE I ONLY HAVE ONE IN MIND AND WOULD LIKE YOUR OPINION

VOTE/COMMENT/FOLLOW

LOVE YOU, BYE!