(15): IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU (AND HIM?)

+ Joe's P.O.V

"Where the hell have you been!?" Was the first thing Zoe said when I knocked on the door of our house.

I had just gave Will my phone number, and told him to text me when he wanted to meet up at the park tomorrow. We spoke a while, just about how shitty life was, until he got a call from his Dad and had to go home.

It took me a while to find my house, and my feet probably had some blisters on them; but it didn't matter. I had a bruised up nose and a skinned knee - how could anything get worse?

"I was at the park," I said to Zoe. "I sort of didn't want to come to home, and can you blame me?"

Zoe let out a strangled yell and hugged me tightly, breaking down into tears. "J-Joe I'm s-so sorry! I-I didn-nt know! I'm s-so sorry," She let out a broken wail and hugged me tighter, sniffing her boogers up into her nose as she nestled into the crook of my neck.

"It's fine," I said, putting a hand on her back.

I hated seeing Zoe cry.

Seeing Zoe cry was like seeing a baby puppy getting run over by a bus.

"N-No, i-it's not!"

She pulled away from me, and she looked younger than she actually was with her big, watery blue eyes that were staring up at me, and her hair pulled back into a sloppy bun.

"Y-you g-got hurt right i-in front of me and I - I didn't -" She cut herself off by taking a huge, gross sniff.

"It's fine, Zoe." I didn't mean to sound annoyed, but it did, and I couldn't take it back and she started to cry more.

"Zoe; I'm serious. I just skinned my knee. You're forgiven, lets just get you to your bedroom so you can calm down, okay?"

She nodded and sniffed, grabbing her shirt and bringing it up to her nose, wiping it.

"I need a tissue," she said, and I laughed.

"I can tell,"

I led her up the stairs and into her bedroom.

Her bedroom was, obviously, larger and more colorful. She had a posters everywhere, of One Direction and other artists she loved. She also had two desks; one that had binders and folders sprawled out on top, and another that had makeup placed neatly onto it; a mirror nailed to stand up right at the edge it.

She walked over to her night-stand, where she pulled it open; grabbing some pocket-tissues.

Zoe blew her nose before sitting on her bed again.

"I'm so sorry, Joe." Her eyes were starting to water again but she wiped them.

"It's fine, Zoe."

All the anger I felt towards her weren't there anymore; replaced by guilt.

I made my sister cry.

I felt like such a terrible person.

"I'm sorry," I said quickly, receiving a nasty look from my older sister.

"Don't say sorry, Joe. You didn't do anything."

I walked over to her work desk and pulled the chair out and around, sitting down on it.

"But I made you cry -"

"Don't," Zoe had a stern strain in her voice and I stayed quiet. "It's my fault. Dad hurt you, and I didn't even see this morning...I didn't even wake you up because I was so mad at what you said last night..."