(26): MISERY BUSINESS

+ Joe's P.O.V

Unlike everyone else in my sixth period, I was glad Mr. Tennet gave us vocabulary words to copy down from the Theater text-book. Ever since I was in 8th grade, I've always enjoyed copying down vocabulary words, and I have no idea why. I especially liked it now because it distracted me from everything else. I was actually so focused with doing my work, that when Mr. Tennet said my name out loud in class, I jumped in my seat causing my binder to fall on the floor and everyone to stare at me. I blushed and picked up all my stuff, putting it in the empty seat next to me.

I ignored everyone's laughter and walked over to Mr. Tennet, who had his phone in his hand.

"I talked to Troye and he said that he would be able to stay after school and pick out a song and rehearse it with you until 6 O'Clock,"

I nodded. "Yeah, okay. I'm pretty sure I should be able to stay after school until then, also."

Mr. Tennet gave a small cheer. "Nice! Now go do the rest of your work."

I returned to my seat and did the rest of my work, while trying to think of duet's that I knew of that Troye and I could do. Didn't Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift make some godly duet together? At least that's what I hear. Everything those two do is God worthy. We could sing 'Just One Yesterday' by Fall Out Boy, but whoever gets Foxes part doesn't really have that much of a solo, which sucks. We need something that's equal because it wouldn't be fair if I got an entire song and he got like two lines, or vice versa.

I finished my work just as the bell rang, putting it in the Vocabulary folder of my binder and then putting it in my bag.

"If you did not finish the Vocabulary, you will have about 15 minutes tomorrow to finish it, and then we will move on to your next assignment." Mr. Tennet said as everyone got up to leave. "Have a nice day, everyone!"

Everyone scurried out of the room, until I was the only one left. I got my cell phone and texted Zoe, asking her if we were going home with Dad or Louise.

Zoe: Dad. Louise's parents have this weird thing today and she has to go

I sighed, slightly sad I had to face my father when I got home.

Joe: oh, um, I'm staying after school for the talent show so I'm going to be getting home at 6, okay?

Zoe: okay.

I locked my phone just as Troye walked in with another guy that had strangely looking soft brown hair. Mr. Tennet said hi to them and I stayed seated where I was in the back, looking down at my phone when they looked my way.

What was I supposed to say? Hey, ready to do that singing stuff?

Um.

No.

My mind went totally blank on what I could have said to Troye and the boy standing next to him, so I just stared at my phone until they approached me and Troye spoke to me himself.

"Hey, Joe!" Troye said, sitting in the seat next to mine. I looked up and gave a nervous little laugh and a smile. "You may remember me from Peter Pan, I'm Troye. Is it okay that I brought my boyfriend here today? He's just going to help us with the songs and stuff."

I nodded, looking over at the boy next to Troye who gave me a simple wave.

"Hi, Joe. I'm Connor."

I nodded again, not really knowing what to do. "H-hi," I said, feeling my cheeks heat up. "Um, so, since we're here u-until six, we can go over some songs a-and stuff."