(11): CHARLIE MCDONALDS?

- Caspar's P.O.V

I spent my whole entire second and third period trying to keep Joe and Emma out of my mind, but I couldn't.

One second I would be thinking about class, then I would trail off to Emma and somehow end up thinking about Joe.

It was like my thoughts were going in a circle; first I would try and think of all the homework that I had piled on me, trying to figure out how I would do all of it and pass my class, then it would be Emma and how beautiful she was; and then it would land on Joe, and how I was slowly turning obsessed with how I could get him to like me.

The whole thing was turning out to be utter nonsense.

I should listen to Marcus and Jim, and just stay with Emma, but it's a little too late for that now.

If I just stop being Joe's friend, that'll be weird, and I'm pretty sure I probably have him wrapped around my finger by now.

Between nicknaming him JoJo, and texting him in the middle of 6th period, and being nice to him; he should totally dig me.

Right?

I hope so.

But what about Emma?

I can't leave her, either.

She's just too good and I've called her beautiful and she's perfect and ugh.

I love her.

So I guess now that I'm stuck in this little stick situation might as well have some fun with it.

It's not that I like Joe, because I don't.

I find it impossible to like two people at the same time.

Maybe it's just side-effects from trying to get him to like me...

Probably that's it.

Besides, my heart belongs to Emma, and only Emma.

Even thought she may not even like me...

"Caspar?"

I blinked and looked up, noticing that I was in front of a wall. I looked to my right and saw Alfie, who was giving me a concerned look.

"You okay? We were walking to lunch and you sort of...dozed off."

I laughed awkwardly, putting my hand on the wall and shoving myself away from it, almost knocking into Alfie as I crossed over to his left side.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking about this girl that I want to ask out." I said, coughing and crossing my arms.

Alfie, nodded, totally oblivious to everything. "That's cool, who is it?"

Not thinking, I just blurted out Emma's name.

Now I'm in deep shit.

If I get Emma to go out with me, and then Joe, Alfie's going to tell Zoe like he tells her everything, and I'm pretty sure if I got Joe to go out with me at the same time I'm dating, or have some thing with Emma, Zoe will know that too and then she'll tell Joe and Emma and I'm going to be the bad guy.

Ugh.

"Emma? Emma Laven, the new girl?" Alfie asked curiously, looking over at me as we walked to lunch.

"No, Emma Watson," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Oh, well that makes more sense," Alfie said, pulling out his phone and answering a text. "You have more of a shot than with Laven anyways,"