(22): A LITTLE TRUTH

+ Joe's P.O.V

Falling for Caspar was weird.

It was as if one minute I didn't know him, then the next moment we were suddenly almost having sex, and then the next moment he was asking me out on my first date. I couldn't help but have this thought in the back of my mind telling me I was rushing into this too fast. Usually couples went from acquaintances to friends, to best friends, to someone you like and go on dates on, and then becoming a boyfriend or a girlfriend to that person. It was scary to think that Caspar and I barely knew anything about each other, and that we were complete opposites in other people's eyes. But when Caspar told me he wanted to fall in love with getting to know me, and we were both playing down with his arms around my waist, everything suddenly went blank in my mind.

All of a sudden, I was at peace. All of the anxiety I felt, all of the sadness I felt because of my father and mother, all of the doubtful thoughts I had - they were gone, and all that was left was Caspar. Sure, I developed feelings for him out of nowhere, and we basically sprinted into this relationship, but I did like him. And he liked me too.

I just knew he did from all of the things that he has done for me. I didn't care anymore about the things that I heard about him from Zoe, or from the girls sitting behind me in Math. I didn't care about that anymore. I just cared about our relationship.

When Caspar's mom yelled for him to come downstairs, he didn't move and neither did I.

"Caspar, can you come down here and help me with something, please!? Neither your father nor I know how to do it!"

Caspar didn't get up and leave me to lay in the bed alone, though. His grip on me tightened and we stayed on the bed, both of our bodies locked together in a perfect mold that made me feel as if we were one.

"I don't want to leave," He whispered into my ear, taking one arm off of me and grabbing my hand, intertwining our fingers.

Our kiss and just him simply holding my hand was the most love I've ever felt in my life. Caspar really was my first for a lot of things; he was my first kiss, my first person to hold hands with, and my first person to go on a date with. Our moment was so intimate, and I didn't want it to end. Ever.

"I don't want you to go either," I said. I was laying on my side, so I had to slightly turn over into his chest to look at him, my arm at an awkward angle since he was holding my hand. "but, it's your mom. You should go and help her with whatever she needs. Besides, I need to go and get my bag out of your car because I need something."

We stayed still.

"CASPAR LEE. GET YOUR FLAT BUM DOWN HERE NOW!"

Caspar gave me a sad smile and slipped his hand out of mine and getting out of the bed. I sat up, my hand feeling cold and my heart beating fast.

"Come with me and I can do whatever my mom wants and then you can go get your bag, okay?"

I nodded and stood up, following after him. Caspar traveled around the house until he found his mother in the kitchen, tapping her phone on the counter. There was a frustrated look on her face that reminded me of a toddler who broke one of his favorite toys.

She looked at Caspar as he walked towards her and thrust the phone into his hands when he went to ask what was wrong. "I cannot handle this phone freezing up! This is ridiculous!" Mrs. Lee then grabbed a dish towel off of the rack they had that held up some bowls that were hanging to dry off. She fanned herself with it, trying to calm herself down. "All of these modern day gadgets are pissing me off! Why can't you all just call? Must you text and have internet and SnapGram or whatever it's called? I know it's all for porn, anyways!"