EPILOGUE.

+ Joe's P.O.V

Summer, in my past experiences, were either fun, absolutely boring, or utterly relaxing.

I remember when I was younger, Zoe and I would always do fun bonding stuff; things like staying up all night to watch movie marathons with our dad, go swimming, host little karaoke nights where we imitated singers, or building forts out in the living room and playing Truth or Dare. Then, as I got older, all of those things turned into a memory; Zoe always going out and asking me if I wanted to join, but me always turning her request down because I didn't really enjoyed the parties she went to. My summers went from 'fun-in-the-sun' to 'boredom-party-in-my-bedroom', and although I did miss bonding time with my sister, I never said anything because I knew it was now just something in the past.

This summer, however, I was actually pretty excited about.

After Caspar and I made up, and he 'took my innocence' as he likes to say, Zoe was the one who found us in bed together, and Zoe was the one who's brain basically exploded at the fact that I - her little brother - was dating Caspar Lee; the guy who was dared to get me to like him. After she hit Caspar with a pillow a dozen times before allowing us to get dressed, (Caspar had to go into the bathroom) we all sat down in my room and talked, and we basically filled her in about everything that had happened the previous night before. Leaving out the sex, of course. She wasn't stupid, we were both naked, and I knew she didn't want any details. 

I knew I wouldn't want details about my sibling having sex for the first time either. 

At first, Zoe was pissed off and didn't say anything for about five minutes, leaving me and Caspar to just stare at each other awkwardly before she told me that as long as I was happy, she wouldn't tear his balls off and feed it to our next door neighbor's dog. So it was pretty good, even if Caspar now shifted uncomfortably whenever my sister was around.

My dad and I were still on the same talking issues as normal: not talking at all. Even when Caspar walked out of the front door and dad saw him, he didn't say anything since Zoe wasn't there. I just gave Caspar a kiss on the cheek and said goodbye, before shutting the door. He didn't say anything about that either, and now whenever we ate dinner as a family, it was either Zoe and I talking, dad and Zoe talking, or complete and utter silence.

I didn't really care, considering I still wasn't over the whole entire situation that caused me to run off to Caspar's house. I felt different than I did the day before; I was actually happy. I was happy and I wasn't stressed, and it was all because of Caspar.

The rest of the year went by perfect; Caspar introduced me to all his friends, even if I was scared of rejecting, but it turns out it was nothing. They treated me like a human being, and I treated them like one as well. I also continued to hang out with Dan and Phil; who I still thought was a couple, but just on the down low. Will and I hung out more often. I visited him at work, and even helped him get a date with this girl named Arden who just started work with him.

The talent show went great; Troye and I sang the best we could, and got a standing ovation. Caspar screamed out; ''THAT'S MY BOO THANG UP THERE'' after it ended, which kind of threw me back a little, but I still didn't mind. Then there was exams, which I stressed out for, but still got the best scores, which made me happy.

Caspar didn't tell me his scores, and I didn't push him to tell me, knowing he had trouble with school.

The Science Project got a chance to be put in the Science fair. Surprisingly, I said I didn't want to put it in because after all that has happened because of the project, I just wanted it to be over. It wasn't me giving up, it was just what I wanted. Caspar even told me he'd rather cuddle with me than spend all night standing around waiting for some geezer to view our project. 

Mr. Gordon was disappointed, but I could honestly care less. I know, with the wise help from Will, knew that it's okay to say 'no'. 

It was funny how quickly my life turned around, and it was all thanks to Caspar. I knew nothing good could last for long, but if there was anything I learned from Will (the Wise), it was that I had to live in the present and not in the future.

So spending summer with my boyfriend and all of my friends was going to probably make the best summer I've ever had so far. Nothing from my past came up in my brain, and it felt so nice; nice to know that I could now actually be myself. It would take a long time to actually open up to someone about my real problems; but for now I just wanted to bury them in the pit of my stomach and be happy. 

"You okay?"

I looked over at Caspar and smiled. 

We were both laying in his backyard, our shoulders pressed up against each other. It was 10 O'Clock at night; the dark sky blank with just a light moon shining in the sky. I couldn't help but feel as if Caspar was my own moon; a sparkle of light in my darkness. It was so cheesy, everything that we were doing, but I felt so vulnerable when I was around him because I've never felt anything as strong as the way I felt for Caspar. He was just a human; he had arms, legs, eyes. He had everything I had, and I found it absolutely amazing that I could feel the way I felt about him, even if he was exactly like me.

"Yeah, I'm good." I replied, looking back up to the sky. "Just thinking about life and how weird it is."

"Life is pretty weird," Caspar agreed. "Not as weird as that dude who can pull cards out of his ass."

I snorted. "He has his life straightened out, you don't know jack."

Caspar lightly shoved his shoulder into mine. "Shut up. I still want to know how he does it, though."

My phone decided to start ringing in my pocket and I pulled it out, looking at the caller I.D.

Unknown Number.

I squinted at it and looked at the time. Who would be calling me at 12?

"I'll be right back," I told Caspar before I got up and pressed the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

I heard a sniffle from the other end. "Joseph?"

I blinked, looking back at Caspar as he continued to stare at the sky. "Who is this?"

The voice laughed from the other end sadly, and I looked at the grass, glaring slightly from confusion.

"Shouldn't you know your own mother's voice?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: THIS IS A TERRIBLE EPILOGUGE & I HATE MYSELF BUt I missed writing this like hell  and got a bunch of ideas for the sequel in the middle of the night so i'm putting my jaspar story 'Kiss Me' on hold to write the sequel, which should be up soon. You all need to stop me before it's too late my ideas are going to break me.

Vote. Comment. Follow.

All that jazz.

Bye!!

Bittersweet | Jaspar FanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara