Chapter 4 : Headquarters

#5 in giyuxreader already , thank you people !!
.............................

y/n's pov

"Losing my memory, hearing a random voice in my mind and now my fingers turning dark? What- what am I?"

Giyu did not respond. Instead, he ripped a small part of his white leg-wrapped kyahan and used it to cover my fingers. He looked at me , placing his hand on top of my head " I am sure we will find answers soon. Try not to overthink it right now. I'll carry you on my back if you're tired, you have been through so much already"

He stood up on his feet and crouched down, signaling me to hop on his back.

" I would rather not weigh you down though"

" Oh I can carry three of you, don't worry"

" Ehhh.. what was that for?" I pouted at him out of annoyance.

He just smiled and walked closer to me then handily gotten me on his back.

"Oii, Giyu- don't get too comfortable" I glared at him and he responded by relinquishing his right hand that was holding me " No no I'm sorry, I'm actually tired. I'll quit teasing you" I gave up since I almost fell on my back. We continued walking as we passed countless trees and I drifted off to sleep on his shoulder.

Giyuu's pov

My body was progressively heating up further with each second passing because of the close physical contact with y/n. I am the one who suggested this idea, what have I done to myself?

I looked back at her face and perceived how she was calmly dozing on my shoulder. I could feel her breath on my neck every time she exhaled, sending goosebumps all over my body.
Her lips seemed soft and were slightly parted as she breathed in and out. I could feel her  hands folded over my upper chest, somewhat moving every once in a while.

This definitely does not help at all. Why is she making me feel this way?

Fortunately, we made it to the camp. I definitely couldn't resist this close contact between us any longer. I carefully placed her on a mattress inside the tent, trying not wake her up. I slowly took off her shoes and covered her with the blanket. Moving to the other side of the tent, I removed my haori and placed my sword next to me in case anything happens then fell asleep as well, surprisingly.

The following morning, the sun came up and its beams infiltrated through the tent's texture. I woke up and took a gander at y/n who was still sleeping. She resembled a piece of gems, sparkling under the daylight.

I want to get closer to her. No, stop it Giyu. This is not the time.

I didn't want to wake her up at first, but we had to move on so that we would make it to the headquarters in the afternoon like I said yesterday. I don't want us to be late and possibly fight another demon at night once more.

"y/n ... y/n.. can you hear me? I'm sorry but we have to keep going." I whispered, slowly shaking her shoulder but she didn't answer. She didn't even move.

"Y/n?"

Nothing.

I freaked out so I gently took her wrist to check her pulse and soon sighed in relief as I realized that her heartbeats were steady, she was just sleeping. I guess I'll just carry her then.

I removed the blanket and slowly held her bridal style and she didn't wake up. That was something worth being thankful for since I was constantly blushing. I peered down at her, examining how her head was laying on my chest. I felt exceptionally protective over her. I don't know how but in just five days, I was able to easily open up to her, joke around with her, smile for the first time in years. She reminded me of him...Her smile was so contagious. Each time I take a gander at her, I feel like my concerns simply vanish. I feel better.