Chapter 37 : Unexpected reveal

Heyyy guys !
Here's another chapter :))
Before you begin reading it, I'm kinda curious. What do you think Akio will reveal to his sister 🤭?
...............................................................

"Akio" her eyes extended and this time she had no control over herself, she just let out her tears right when her sibling appeared behind her. Sensing his presence, y/n turned to him and said " Akio.. it's you, right? the one behind the voice in my head? the one who was talking to me all this time, protecting me, guiding me..... and I thought I was going crazy after not hearing your voice for months yet you- you never left me"

He slowly approached her with a faint smile drawn on his face " I am glad you figured it out, I knew you would"

" B-but how? How can you do that? communicate with me and see through what I am living and how do you even know the way to control and use my powers? " y/n kept throwing questions as she was walking back and forth " Akio, you guided me in using them by telling me to touch the demon with my hand, twice, then you figured what I should do to free myself from Daki's belts and you even told me to trust Giyu, to become a demon slayer.. just how much do you know about the abilities of the sun summoner..and why?"

" y/n, I need you to calm down, please" he spoke firmly and her eyes widened at the way he was reacting. Out of guilt, she realized she just snapped at him when it wasn't his fault that she's learning everything about her past, in this moment " I am- I am sorry, Akio"

" Please don't apologize. Now, come here" he tapped on the grass, signaling her to sit down right next to him " I knew and I still do because......" he peered up at the sky, taking a deep breath " because I was the sun summoner"

Y/n almost choked on her own breath and looking at her brother, she blinked quite a few times, indicating that she was rather confused and shocked at the same time " W-what?"

" I was the sun summoner?"

" Repeating the same sentence doesn't really help, Akio" y/n rolled her eyes at her brother's reaction who in turn apologized " Oh..I am sorry, I thought you actually didn't hear what I said"

Akio looked down in embarrassment, nervously fidgeting his fingers as he straight up hit his sister with this big reveal. There was a moment of silence between the two, each of them had a ton of questions for the other but the situation rendered them incapable of expressing their emotions.

" How? I thought- I thought only one person would be chosen, I mean that's what the master has told me because I had no idea about the existence of the sun summoner. He told me that it was a legend people believed in for decades...people believed that one day, a person would be chosen to wield these powers and summon the light from the sun to destroy all the demons".

" Most of what he told you about the sun summoner is true, the only wrong bit is that it's not just one person who would be chosen, it's more complicated than that. Our family, our ancestors are the ones behind people believing that it was a legend about one person who would come up with these powers in the future, it was the way they protected themselves from being killed..by him.The truth is that the powers of the sun Summoner has been passed down through generations of our ancestors for centuries,  meaning that at least one person from each family member in its generation had this power in them, but like I told you, not a single one of them was identified by him because they were covering the truth the entire time"

" Him? you mean Kibutsuji Muzan, right?"

" Yes. Everyone before us was so afraid of him and his companions, none of them dared to try and face him and that's how he didn't figure out that the powers of the sun summoner have existed for too long. Just like everyone else, he thought the only one person would wield this power and be a threat to him.... until it was my turn.  I didn't hide like them, at least I didn't want to. I was eager to try and figure out how to master these powers and control them to fulfill my duty and exterminate the demons.. But, since I was acting on my own, I couldn't achieve what I wanted and he found me"