Chapter 13 : Proud of them

Hey y'all !
I forgot to clarify something in the last chapter :
Let's just pretend for the sake of this story that Tanjiro spent one year training instead of two and became a demon slayer .
Meaning that : Giyu found Tanjiro a year ago before meeting y/n 10 months ago (which is about to become 11 months in this chap).
So Giyu is 20, not 21 yet.
Thanks :)))
...............................................................

"Tanjiro, wake up you're not doing concentration breathing"

"AH! I am deeply sorry,y/n-san.I'll focus again. Breathe in .... Breathe out" After a few minutes, he was snoring again.

"Tanjiro" I slowly tapped on his shoulder

"Sorry, y/n-san!" He jumped from his bed.

" You don't have to apologize Tanjiro and please just call me y/n"

"Haiii, y/n-san"

I have been helping Tanjiro with his training lately while his friends were avoiding joining him for some reason. After his rehabilitation training with Aoi and Kanao, I've been taking some of my time these past few days to help him master concentration breathing during his nap.

I waited a few minutes as usual and got myself ready to wake him again, expecting that he would fall asleep but he was actually doing concentration breathing for the whole time.
I sat there for about an hour and he was doing it right so I just left him to rest. I'm so proud of you Tanjiro.

It was almost dark, so I decided to visit Mitsuri since I haven't really seen her for about a week.
I made it into her mansion but there was no sign of her. Instead, I found Obanai.

What is he doing here? Perhaps, stalking her?
Ohh Mitsuri, I will have some tea to tell you about when you come back.

I knew he noticed my presence and I saw how he wanted to leave but poor him, he got caught already.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him with a smirk, knowing that I am about to offend him.

"I could ask you the same question, you know?"

"Am I not allowed to visit my best friend?"

"Am I not allowed to visit it my -" he stopped.

"Your what?" I crossed my arms in a teasing way.

"Shut up kid" he looked away.

"I am not even a kid" then I remembered that I don't quite know when I was born.

"Your face says otherwise"

"I am-" Wait, how old am I?

"You're what? See how the tables have turned?"
Ughh I can't believe it

"Aight I have to go" I just said and went back to the water estate.

I found Giyu sitting in the living room and reading a book. I was curious as to what he was reading so I just asked him " Tadaima! Ow what are you reading Giyu?"

" it's a book"

"Oh really? I didn't know that. Let me rephrase my question what book are you reading Giyuuu?" I asked him, still annoyed from what happened with Obanai.

"It's a cooking book and it has recipes in it. Are you mad? Did anything happen to you?" He calmly asked.

Oh no, did I sound mad?

"Um-no. I'm not exactly mad, it's just that I noticed how I don't even remember when I was born. Giyu you turned 20 right?"

"Yes, a couple months ago"