Chapter 26 : Threat

Warning: this chapter will contain slight spoilers? I did not read the manga so the upper moon meeting will be different from the original one. I just included the names of the some of the upper ranks.
Thank you🤍
...............................................................

" My child, I want you to join the highest rank of the demon slayers. Do you accept officially becoming the sunlight pillar?"

I looked at him, mouth agape, wide-eyed " I- I don't think I deserve to hold such a position, Oyakata-sama."

" My child, I thought of the possibility of you becoming a hashira even before your mission with Kyojurou during which you encountered upper moon 3. At That time, all of your friends sitting next to you agreed as well because we all saw how much potential you had, and you did prove us right. Starting with your count, then saving Kyojurou's life and decapitating an upper moon. You are more than eligible for this position, y/n''

My heart fluttered and my lips curled into a small smile at his wholesome words.

How can I refuse after what he told me?

" I do accept your offer, master" I confidently said after slowly inhaling and exhaling to calm my body.

He gave me a kind grin before turning his focus to the others. "My children, we now have another pillar," he said, returning my gaze. "Welcome y/n, the sunlight pillar."

Giyu, who was still holding me close to him, congratulated me by rubbing his palm on my back, while the others encircled me with warm smiles, ruffling my hair or offering me a hug or a head pat.

" Congrats brat"

" Huh? Can't you be happy for me at least once in your life?"I glanced at Obanai, who was standing a little further away from us , throwing comments at me.

I saw him release a sigh in defeat before he continued, "You do realize that I am usually fooling around, right?"

"Wait, seriously?" my brow raised in amazement as I peered at him.

They all broke out laughing, including Giyu, who was standing next to me, and I responded by hitting him with my elbow.

"This is not how I expected you people to welcome me within your ranks," I grumbled, crossing my arms in annoyance.

" Hashira or not, you were already part of the family little sis" Ren playfully winked at me.

" I am glad to have you all here standing in front of me safe and sound, my children. Now, if you all don't mind, I would like to keep y/n with me. Giyu you can help bring her inside my mansion if you want"

"It's okay, I'm perfectly capable of walking on my own." I rose up and glared at Giyu, mocking him back.

I watched them all leave as I entered the master's mansion, followed by his two daughters.

"Sit down, my child, put yourself at ease, and tell me everything that happened to you on this expedition.Despite the fact that I acknowledge certain secrets passed down through my ancestors behind the tale of the sun summoner, it was still hindered due to that man."

" That man?"

" Kibutsuji Muzan, the one who destroyed us all"

But I haven't even met him, he hasn't done anything to me, yet?

Unless...

Is he implying that Muzan has done something to my family?

" I am listening to you, my child. Don't be afraid" he said as he jolted me out of my thoughts, which were about to engulf my mind.