Chapter 43: Trauma

This picture.......
I- 🛐🛐🛐

Anyway , on to the story

...............................................................

The only question that is left to answer now is...

Who has given them all the information from the sun summoner book?

Y/n was still questioning herself as she trailed along the path towards her estate.

" Someone's lost in their thoughts"

The young sun summoner stopped in her tracks when she heard his voice. Eventually, she shifted her gaze towards him and responded " I'm tired, Sanemi".

The wind pillar blinked quite a few times, not really sure what to say even though they got pretty close from all the previous missions they were assigned to complete together over the past year.

Y/n looked down and walked past him without adding a word and he felt guilty for not knowing what to say, so he reached out his arm, grabbing her wrist " Hey.. are you okay? You don't seem like usua-"

" I told you I am tired" She turned around to meet his gaze and slowly pulled her arm away.

" Oh, well.. you should.. uhm, maybe you should rest" Sanemi suggested hesitantly. Although he got used to acting calm and casually talking with y/n because of her open and easygoing nature, he did find it hard to converse with her like usual, this time.

Y/n gave him a faint smile and walked away, leaving him wondering about what could be the reason behind her unusual behavior. She let out a heavy sigh after thinking about all the interactions she's had with the other hashiras.

I hope I won't see anyone else today.. I can't even bear trying to-

" Why were you acting that way with Kanroji ?"

What the-? Are you kidding me? Out of all them?

" Why were you stalking us?" y/n rolled her eyes and looked up at the tree where Obanai was sitting along with his snake who hissed at y/n's answer.

Obanai found it amusing and decided to tease y/n about it, just like always, " I guess you're wrong, my snake doesn't like you after all ".

Instead of talking back to him and making the whole thing into a fight until y/n gets flustered and accepts defeat, she caught him off guard with her mere answer " I am leaving".

Obanai's eyebrows raised and he pointed his finger at her from the top of the tree branch " I am pretty sure you didn't answer my question"

"Cause I don't have an answer" y/n responded and took her leave. Obanai's eyes widened out of surprise and he started overthinking. He knew how close y/n and Mitsuri are and that's why he accepted her from the beginning.

Although their friendship was always based on teasing each other and knowing that everything they say is just a joke, the snake hashira thought that may have intentionally hurt her after witnessing how she acted with him now.

He kept recalling a few of his jokes and wondering which one was offensive, which one was a mistake.

With that, another of the hashiras was left rather confused after having a quite short conversation with y/n.

The sun summoner almost reached her estate after passing by most of the mansions without seeing Shinobu, Giyu nor Rengoku. She continued walking, internally hoping that Gyomei wouldn't show up..knowing how hard it would be to just ignore him and leave.