Chapter 54: Letters

Hey guys!
Yes, I am alive🥲
Sorry, it's just a lot has been going on ( still held true until now) but I thought it would be good to escape reality and update a chapter.
I'm really sorry for taking this long and I hope you'll like it!
BTW, there will be a flashback in italics from a few chapters ago when Misturi invited y/n for dinner. Y/n didn't show up if y'all remember so Mitsuri went to check up on her estate and you will see the rest (which is not italic)
.....................................................................

His shriek was followed by multiple coughs as he had injured his own throat..his eyes shifted towards the ground while he was still holding tightly into y/n's hair clip in his hand.

Everyone else's muffled screams and tears of despair, along with the heavy droplets of rain falling from the dark clouds that shrouded the sky, has completely turned this day downhill..

Two major losses starting with their master..the person who touched them all deeply, the person who cared for them, who believed in them, guided them and supported them through thick and thin, who had complete trust in them and loved them to the extent of referring to them as his own children... and then y/n..the girl who unexpectedly came into their lives and somehow altered it for the greater good, the one girl who stood by each of them whether they needed help or not, the one girl who would smile at their faces despite all the emotions conflicting inside her, the one girl who cares for them more than she does for herself, the one girl who sacrificed her entire life just for them.

Three weeks later...

Yua finally had the courage to go into the mansion. All the other kakushis knew how hard it must be for her so no one forced her or brought it up, but she knew that the day would come and she chose it to be today.

With a deep breath in, she unlocked the front door and stepped into the mansion, tears already filling her eyes at how empty and dark it was inside. Never in her entire time working here, she has seen the light mansion in such a state, even when y/n leaves for missions..

It took her along with her team a couple of hours to dust off and cover all the furniture downstairs and then they moved to the upper floor where her room is. Yua made it inside with a heavy heart, looking at y/n's bed, desk, closet.. she sweeped the dust of the desk with her finger until something caught her attention. Tapping on different regions of the desk, she noticed a distinct pitch from a specific side and immediately drew a conclusion.

Yua managed to find the hidden drawer and the first thing she saw was a note that had her name on it, so she swiftly grabbed it and opened it..

Dear Yua, if you found this then things went exactly the way I wanted them to.
Please, could you do me one final favor and give out these letters that you'll find underneath your note.. I would appreciate it a lot.
Take care of yourself and thank you for being the best Kakushi I could ever ask for.

Y/N

Sorrowfully, Yua placed the note on the side of the desk and looked into the drawer where she found a few letters. Each of them was folded and had a name on the front, making the kakushi realize that their sun summoner had left a note for everyone because she knew she was about to die.

And with that, Yua immediately left the mansion, firmly holding onto the letters as she was determined to give each person their own note. After all it's her fault the others haven't received them anytime sooner, because she didn't want to go into the light mansion until three weeks after y/n's death.

Flashback

Little did she know that y/n was actually sitting on the top of the roof of her mansion, holding pieces of paper in her hands and writing letters with tears flowing down her cheeks...