Chapter 9 : Mission

Welcome back besties

I don't even know how I am still motivated to write this story with 0 comments and 0 votes but you know what? It's fine I guess.

Here's another chap:))
...............................................................

" Let's go" y/n and I left my mansion, heading west, along with my crow leading the way.

We were both quietly running in the forest under the moonlight. I noticed how fast y/n has become. She was keeping up with my pace effortlessly.

" Yeah yeah I know, I got better at running. I told you I am fine"

How did she know what I was thinking about?

" Your facial expressions just make it so obvious since you barely make any '' she held back her laugh.

Teasing me again, huh?

" Okay then I'll be on my way" I dashed deeper into the forest, leaving her behind.

" Giyu! wait come back, you know damn well I'm still not that fast"

Oh she's mad now

I abruptly stopped and she stumbled into my back as a result.

" Ow, what was that for? You by being that tall wouldn't feel anything but I really hit my head on your back"

This is working

I turned around and slightly leaned my head over her shoulder, then whispered in her left ear "That's for teasing me"

She stood there speechless, I could see how her cheeks turned pink.

Probably from embarrassment?
Anyway, I definitely won this time

After crossing the forest, we made it into a small village with quite a few shops and restaurants that were still open late at night.
y/n and I decided to ask the owners about whether they have seen anything suspicious related to the missing people or not. Of course, we had to hide our swords to not get any unwanted reactions.

"Hello sir. I'm sorry if we bothered you, we just wanted to ask if you have seen anything weird these past couple of days or have heard about people missing in this village?" y/n demanded gently to a coffee shop owner.

"And what are you going to do about it huh? You're just a little girl and I can tell you're not even from here since you asked.It's none of your concern, the police know, they will take care of it."

y/n flinched and stepped back as a result "b-but we are here to he-" she was trying to convince the old man and he interrupted her " Just GO BACK to where you come from. We don't need you."

I cannot just tolerate what happened

I moved next to y/n and held the man by his collar "Blame yourself if others go missing then" . I was ready to say more than that, his words were definitely upsetting, I could see it in her face but when y/n held my haori and shook her head, I let go of him.

He's just an old man, calm down Giyu

" It's okay Giyu. He's not worth our time, we will find the demon on our own."

                                         🌊

"Alright. How about we go separate ways for an hour, if you don't find anything then come back here next to this restaurant. That applies to me as well" I suggested knowing that I won't get far from her so that I would make sure no harm comes near her.