Chapter 20 : Wait for me

After her short meeting with Ubayashiki, y/n headed over to Mitsuri's estate.

The young sun summoner forgot that she was still wearing the white dress from the butterfly estate and she just realized that she went to the Master's mansion wearing it, instead of her formal demon slayer outfit.

She didn't care about it that much really, no one would blame her since she just woke up.

On her way to the Love Hashira's mansion, y/n was singing as usual while admiring the serenity of nature around her.

" y/n !! You're finally here, I was beginning to think that you forgot about my invite" Mitsuri jumped at y/n and hugged her tightly.

" I did not forget, don't worry. I was just talking to Oyakata-sama and I.."

" You what?" the love pillar asked in confusion

" I talked with Giyu." y/n shook her head "I mean he talked to me"

Mitsuri felt something different with her best friend's tone "Is it what I am thinking about?" her pupils dilated and she brought her hands together.

" Y-yes?"

" OH MYYYY ! FINALLY" the love pillar grabbed y/n 's wrist and pulled her into the house, flying high after hearing the news

" Come come, I need you to tell me about everything from start to finish"

"..and he kissed me on my forehead, right before leaving" y/n was explaining the whole story just like her best friend required her to do so.

" So what are you now? a couple?" another voice came up

The two girls looked at the front door that they left open wide and saw the flame pillar standing with a smile plastered on his face.

y/n's face turned completely red, thinking about the many times she talked about Giyu to Rengoku and Uzui.

" Ha Ha Ha, you don't have to be embarrassed ,little sister, I am so happy for you!"

" Would you like to join us, Rengoku-san?" Mitsuri demanded

" Sure!"

Y/n looked at them and smiled, feeling grateful about actually being able to save Rengoku and still having lunch with him along with her best friend Misturi.

" To answer your question Ren, no we're not together, yet, I guess? We were interrupted by his crow and so he had to leave for an urgent mission"

" It's okay y/n! The hardest part has already happened, I am sure that when he'll come back, he'll ask you to be his girlfriend. I'M SOOOO EXCITED" the love hashira joyfully shook her hands

Rengoku gave y/n a head pat " Don't forget that if anything happens, we're here"

"If he dares to break your heart, I'll break him" Mitsuri followed.

y/n just laughed, then added " Thank you guys, I love you so much" and they all had their usual comforting and warm group hug.

After having lunch with both Rengoku and Mitsuri, y/n went back to the butterfly estate to check up with Shinobu and see if she's ready to go back to missions since the Insect pillar had to leave earlier in the morning with Kanao.

y/n's pov

"Hello again Shinobu. How was training with Kanao?"

"Oh hi there y/n. It was fine, she's constantly improving."

"That's good to hear"

" Aight. Come sit down here in front me so that I can check on you. How have you been feeling since you woke up? Do you feel tired?
Energetic?"she gently asked me.