Chapter 36 : Conflicted feelings

Hii people :)))))
Since the story between y/n and her brother continues, I've decided to add this chapter in between so the plot twist I've mentioned won't be in this chapter, maybe in the next one .

I hope you'll enjoy the chapter because I-🧍‍♀️.

Yeah, anyway 😃

...............................................................

Around five days ago...

" Are you heading to your area?" Giyu calmly asked y/n as he saw her putting on her haori and sheathing her sword.

" Yes, I am. Are you going as well?" y/n tied her into a low ponytail and approached the water hashira, tucking a strand of his hair that was covering his left eye behind his ear.

He held her hand and responded " Yes, I am" his other hand slowed trailed down until it reached her waist and he pulled her closer to his body " We're going back to each other, as always"

" Of course, Giyu" she looked at him then placed her hand on his cheek to press a kiss on his lips. He kissed back then intertwined his pinky with hers and they both said " promise".

Giyu's pov

Why do I feel bad? as if something is gonna happen?

No, I can't allow myself to think this way, we've always had this promise and we keep it everytime.

But what if- what if she falls into danger ? what if she faces an upper moon? What if they find her?

These thoughts were absolutely making me lose my sanity so I just shook my head in denial , internally convincing myself that she'll come back and that I will too.

Before leaving to patrol my area, I made sure to carry some wisteria with me, just in case I would need to give it to someone or even use it for myself yet I can't help but fail to push away my worries...

I knew from the beginning, how painful and risky it would be for more to get attached to someone but I just can't deny my feelings for her.

I love her so much, she's all that I've got left in this world.. What should I do, Sabito?

Despite the questions that were overwhelming my mind, I swiftly made it to my area which was surprisingly quiet for the night, there were no signs of any demon attacks so I just slowed down, kept on walking between the trees as the moon guided my way through the darkness until the sun rays started to give the sky a faint yellowish color, indicating that it was time for me to head back to my estate and meet up with y/n.

Just like everyday, I walked right into my estate, assuming that y/n had made her way back as well and that I would find her by the stream in my backyard before going for a short nap together.

Only today, she wasn't there.

Out of frustration, I went back to my house, searching for her and as I couldn't find her after checking every room, I ran into her estate which was empty as well.

There was no sign of her anywhere in headquarters and my heart started pounding, thinking about the feeling I had right when she let go of my hands, walked away far from me....

No, I said, I can't allow myself to think this way..

Calm down Giyu, she'll be coming soon.

I took a deep breath and decided to try and sleep for a bit so that I could get my energy back, in case I'll have to go and search for her...or maybe I'll wake up and find her in my arms.