Chapter 47 : Getting ready for the battle

" You and I are about to become invincible" Muzan grinned as he held the closed flower in his hands at night and took it with him.

With a snap of his fingers, a demon appeared before him, kneeling down to show his respect to his lord.

" Obake, You're going to be taking this for the mission I've assigned you. If you fail, don't even think about showing me your face again" Muzan demanded as he handed the demon , who was cowering in fear, a syringe filled with y/n's blood.

The demon gladly took it and hid it in his clothes, then disappeared. His main goal was to succeed in this mission as he may be given the opportunity to join the upper ranks by replacing Gyutaro's position.

                                          🌞

" Please, send a message to the master or look for any hashiras around to assist me, I don't think I can survive for too long on my own '' the demon slayer shrieked as he signaled his crow to leave the battlefield in order to look for help.

" Give up!" the twin demons grinned, looking at the poor state of the demon slayer in front of them, whose rank was mizunoto.

" I- I can't ! I just became a demon slayer to avenge my sister! She was killed by bastards like you and I promised her before she took her last breath that I was-" the young demon slayer was cut off when one of the twins charged at him with his blood demon art.

The boy shielded himself with his nichirin blade, he knew that he was going to die if help was not on his way but he wanted to at least kill one of the twins, to at least get a chance in fulfilling his promise to his sister.

Meanwhile, Obake was watching the whole scene behind one of the trees nearby. He soon got so bored and finally showed up, making the demon slayer gulp in fear.

" Alright demons, your time is over. It's my turn now" he said and they stood confused at his words.

" What are you talking about? he is ours, we came first!" The twins responded at the same time and without hesitation, Obake moved in a blink of an eye and grabbed one of them from his arm then disappeared with him.

The other twin was left dumbfounded, not knowing what just happened yet his greed to devour the demon slayer outweighed his need to check on his brother.

" I guess you're mine, after all, '' the twin who was left  said as he approached the injured demon slayer.

" Now, now brother. that's not very remarquable of you. I thought we were sharing" the other twin finally emerged from the trees and stabbed his brother who was about to devour the demon slayer, catching them both off guard.

" What the hell ! what are you doing?" The twin who got stabbed spoke,

The demon brother didn't answer, Instead, he took the chance of the demon slayer being distracted to grab the nichirin blade, and used it to behead the stabbed twin's head.

" B-brother.." the demon muttered as his head fell to the ground, feeling betrayed for a second. That was until his eyes met the disintegrating body of his actual sibling behind the tree " No, you're not my brother ! Who are you?  Did he give you an order to kill us?"

Obake's face slowly started emerging, replacing the fake brother's appearance " My name is Obake and no, he didn't. I just got so bored watching you play around with this kid,  and I wanted to have some fun. You and your brother were so weak, you don't deserve being demons anyway"

The demon slayer was able to run away from the scene after witnessing how a demon just killed two other demons he was fighting for hours.

I can't fight him, I can't fight him, he'll kill me in a second! the demon slayer thought to himself and he tripped on a tree branch, landing harshly on his face.