Chapter 19 : I love you too

Don't ask me about the picture 💀
.............................................................................

y/n's pov

" I love you" he confessed without hesitation, still pulling me closer to his chest.

I relaxed at his touch but I felt like I was hyperventilating at the same time " W-what?"

" I said I love you" he moved his head upwards from my neck to face me, looking deeply into my eyes, his hands still resting on my waist.

I stood quiet, unable to process what I just heard.

" I understand if you don't feel the same way, you have all the right to but I need to tell you, I can't just keep on pretending like I don't have feelings towards you, I can't keep on convincing myself that I just love you as a best friend because it's not true. You're always on my mind, just thinking about you makes my heart flutter, just seeing you can make my whole day, just talking to you makes me want to never leave your side."

He turned his face away, his grip tightened around me as he said "When you came back that day and I saw Rengoku holding your unconscious body, I broke down. I felt so hopeless, guilty, frightened. I couldn't bear the thought of losing you.

I blamed myself everyday for not being there and protecting you while staying next to the bed you were sleeping in. I am so sorry that I didn't talk to you when you first woke up or if I seemed like I didn't care, I was just too overwhelmed.

You don't know how relieved I am now that I can see your eyes and hold you close to me."

He looked back at me and continued " I want you to know that I am beyond proud of how brave you were when you saved Rengoku but I also don't want you to push yourself further anymore. Please take care of yourself y/n and know that I am always here for you, that's our promise right?" He smiled at me.

I was listening to his soft words and recalling all that we've been through together.. How I first met him when he saved me from a demon in the forest, how we spent five days together in which we got to know each other.

He protected me from harm even if we just met, he carried me on his back for hours and he decided to help me by taking me to the Demon Slayer headquarters, even if he had huge responsibilities .

Then, it kept getting better. He trained me, he made me who I am today.

He has always been by my side through thick and thin this whole year.

The memories we made together are so precious to me and this is only the beginning.

My lips curled into a smile and I finally responded confidently " Giyu, I love you too"

His eyes lit up when I answered him.

He held me from my waist and spinned me around him.

His gesture surely surprised me but I bursted into laughter with him.

After putting me down, I looked down shyly, feeling my cheeks getting red and hot.

"For someone who absorbs the sun energy into her body, you're still light y/n"

" Shut up" I giggled and punched him on his shoulder, still looking down.

After a moment of silence, he brought his hand closer to my face and slowly lifted my chin up with his fingers so that we were making eye contact again.

" I am so happy and grateful that I got to meet you y/n"

" Me too"

" CAW! CAW! Mission for Tomioka Giyu! Head north now, now! Rumors of men disappearing. CAW!"

Are you kidding me, I am really tempted to make you a lunch for Inosuke right now

" Can you like not interrupt us every time"

" I am sorry y/n-san CAW!"

Giyu sighed and cupped my cheeks. " I'll be back to you soon y/n, that's our promise." He planted a long kiss on my forehead as I closed my eyes.

Then, I watched him leave, placing my hands on top of each other on my heart.

I'll be waiting for you, Giyu.

Looking at the sky, I soon realized that it's almost lunch time and that I should go to Mitsuri's but I decided to pay Oyakata-sama a visit since I woke up today.

He must have been worried as well.

Mitsuri won't be mad if I'm just ten minutes late.

I hope she doesn't have a mission today as well.

It seems like everyone was here when I woke up, luckily, but then it started with Iguro, Gyomei and Muichiro leaving for a mission and now it's Giyu.

As I made my way into the Master's mansion, I was greeted by his daughters and his wife who seemed delighted with my presence.

"Good morning my child. It's good to have you with us again, safe and sound"

He knows already.

Of course he does, what are the crows for then?

"Good morning Oyakata-sama. It's good to see you too. I just wanted to pass by and check on you."

He smiled " You truly are a light to this cruel world my child. Although, I am not really feeling well, thank you for coming."

His condition is worse than the last time I've seen him, it seems like he's getting weaker over time and it aches me.

"I wish I could help Master, I wish I could heal you"

" Please don't blame yourself, my child.I don't want you to worry about me. I just need you to take care of yourself and to always be careful."

" I will"

3rd person pov

When y/n left, Ubayashiki's wife came to her husband and crouched next to him, giving him his medicine.

"She has the potential to be a Hashira based on the rules and on my observations but I can't just send her for missions on her own if he's after her while she still hasn't reached the maximum level of her powers. I already told my children that I want her to join them as a Hashira before her mission with Kyojurou and they all agreed. Do you think it's the right decision to make?"

"Yes, I am sure she will soon fully master her powers and be a complete Sun Summoner and a successful Hashira at the same time"

He felt relieved

" I'm so glad that she finally came into our generation. In just a year, she became a demon slayer, she made her own sunlight forms, she saved Kyojuro with her healing abilities and she will almost reach a total of 50 kills. I have faith in her.
.
.
.
.
.
Kibutsuji Muzan, we will surely defeat you and end this nightmare."

...............................................................

About the names, I mess them up sometimes especially between the Hashiras since I really don't know how most of them refer to each other.

But you can tell how y/n doesn't have a last name since she forgot it along with her memories ( i did mention this part when she was talking to Shinobu in earlier chapters ) so everyone calls her with her first name and she also does the same since they all don't mind.
Of course except for the master, Obanai cuz she's always mad at him for teasing her and Rengoku cuz she prefers the Nickname Ren.

Anyway, thank you to whoever is reading this story 🤍

Word count : 1246