Chapter 12 : The meeting

Still talking to myself as usual but here's another long chapter anyway :)))
...............................................................

Two months have passed after that day during which I had lunch with all the hashiras at Mitsuri's estate. A lot of things happened but not crazy ones, fortunately. I received my Nichirin Blade that was specifically requested by Ubayshiki-sama. It had a special metal that absorbs the sunlight and preserves it for use during the battle, kinda just like how my body does.

I understood last month why every time I walk outside when it's sunny, I feel a tingling sensation in my skin, it was just my body kind of storing the light emitted from the sun, or at least that's what Master had told me.

I have been training with whoever Hashira is available from time to time, trying to create sunlight forms? Yeah, that's what I called it. I was able to create three that were really helpful for me during battle. I went on missions with Uzui and oh my he always keeps on asking me whether I am interested in becoming his fourth wife or not. I mean I do love his wives, they're so kind and we get along so well, but it's just not my thing.

I also went on missions with Obanai which were such a pain in the ass, with Sanemi who acts very protective and doesn't even let me get in contact with the demon, and with Giyu who gets worried about a scratch on my face.

I was feeling good this whole time. Despite all the fatigue from the missions, I surely had so much fun. Me, Uzui and Rengoku would casually go to Ramen shops when we're free, to eat and just laugh at everything we talk about. Mitsuri also kept on inviting me to her estate for sleepovers, for lunch or tea time.

After all, my ten months here have been amazing.

This is all what I've been thinking about on my way back to headquarters. I was on a mission with Sanemi again. Only this time, he allowed me to actually fight with him.

When we made it back, I heard some noise coming from the Master's mansion. Sanemi went to check what was happening while I went to the Water Estate to rest for a bit.

" Tadaima"

No one answered.

Is Giyu on a mission again?

The house was empty so I decided to go to my favorite spot, hoping that the lilac flowers were still blooming. On my way, I closed my eyes and took in all the nature. It was calming.

This place always seemed familiar and I don't understand why.. Could it be a memory? Did I have a favorite spot before that looked like this one as well?

About an hour has passed and my surroundings seemed awfully quiet.

Where is everyone?

My legs took me to the butterfly estate for no reason. Maybe I could ask Aoi, she might know something.

I made my way in and was heading to Kocho's office until I heard screams coming from the treatment room " NOOOOOOO, I can't possibly take anymore!!" followed by Aoi's voice " Take your medicine this second!"

Who is there?

I slid open the door and was met by the four familiar faces of Aoi, Sumi,Kiyo,Naho and three new others.

The one whom I assumed was screaming because of his position had short yellow hair, another one was lying quietly on the bed with a boar head mask and the third one seemed the most calm out of them with dark red eyes and a scar on the top left of his forehead.