Chapter 3- Run Of A Mouth

Caught up in your life, excuses are so lame
You may be different, but I'm still the same
The reasons that you thought, the attention that you caught
You say things are simple, we both know they're not
You can't let it go
-Summer • Sum 41

It seemed that the first coarse of action for the group was to change. If they were right, and someone attacked Cair Paravel, then someone was out for the Narnian's, then dressing in 1940's school clothes wasn't the smartest idea. They would stick out like sore thumbs.

     Digging into their chests, the original royals searched for things that would fit. Most of their clothes were for versions of themselves twenty years older, however, James was lucky to find one of his tunic and trouser sets to only be slightly too large. When he was in Narnia, he had grown over six-feet: as of now, he was just below.

     Soon, his siblings were in a similar situation to him. They managed to find something around the right size. However, their next task was to find outfits for the Gallagher brothers.

     James' clothes were ruled out immediately, and after Peter refused Alfie's offer of wearing one of Susan's silver dresses, the brothers were set. Peter gifted Harvey a set, and Edmund one for Alfie.

     The girls split off for a small time to change as the boys used the main space. After only ten minutes or so, the seven were ready to go.

     It was odd for James to see his family back in a place where they belonged. Even for himself, to wear soft silks and cotton, in the blue and white he had become so accustomed to was a wonder. They were all wearing what they belonged in.

     The second eldest Pevensie made the plan of where they would head first. James would have done it, however, had sworn off so much of the war aspect of ruling that he didn't care. This sort of leading, with maps and physical aspects wasn't his forte, but advice was.

     James was a good king, no one would deny it, but after that day, he couldn't face leading the same way again.

     Before they left, they made sure they were geared up, and ready to go should anything bad happen. Fists wouldn't be enough in Narnia: James had to emphasise this to the Gallaghers.

  "Do not mess with these." James warned as he passed a sword and dagger each to the brothers. Alfie's dark eyes had lighted up in glee, whilst Harvey shrank at the possibility of carrying a weapon.

  "But-" the younger began.

  "I'll take it off you if I have to." James threatened."These are proper weapons. You can hurt yourself, obviously." He gestured to his own face and the littered white scars over his arms.

  "We don't know how to use these." Harvey worried, clutching the book, rather than keeping close the blades.

  For the boy, the blonde put the sword into a leather strapped belt, and did something similar with the dagger, and handed it back to him. Then, he said. "When we've got time I'll teach you. Maybe Ed'll help too, he's the best swordsman I've ever seen."

  "Well, I am pretty good." Edmund smirked, cheekily.

    They took that as the cue to leave.

     It was the idea to walk down to the river, not to far away, and see what had changed to grasp their surroundings. But, whilst they walked, it was Alfie's idea to talk the entire way.